Does anyone else find this scary?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Cutten, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. couple of guys I know use Bloomberg precisely for that reason.

#11     Nov 2, 2003
  2. You tell that to Buffet, Mr. Bright....hehehe

#12     Nov 2, 2003
  3. I have had my differences with Cramer, and if I had ever worked for him, I hope I would have been man enough to punch his headlights out if he pulled any of the crap he brags about in his book. I mean, talk about a total dickhead. However, to give the devil his due, I have learned a heck of a lot from reading him over the years. He usually has a pretty sound grasp of what is happening, on what sectors make sense and what to avoid. Like anything else, you read him, then make yourown decision.

I will say I think Kudkow & Cramer is the best cable show going. They have the best guests, and sometimes they ask the tough questions. Other times, like with that ridiculous Dick Grasso interview, they cover themselves in shame.

I'll admit to being a little prejudiced since I remember the early days of The Street.com, when Cramer posted 20 times a day from his trading turret, and when the whole idea of getting this kind of stuff over the internet was just so damn cool we couldn't believe it. Sure wish we could live that period over.

#13     Nov 2, 2003
  4. I'm always amused at the peabrains that knock Cramer. They're the same lot that post about how they minted money AFTER THE FACT, and forget to tell you they lost 10x that the prev week and are living in Grandma's basement, using the free 1000 Hour AOL line to connect.

Cramer knows more about the game than any 1000 of his critics put together.

#14     Nov 2, 2003
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

"I will say I think Kudkow & Cramer is the best cable show going."

Pardon The Interruption kicks ass.:D

#15     Nov 2, 2003
  6. I have, and Jimmy Buffett totally agrees with me, what's your point??

Oh, if you mean that guy Warren.....well, he actually proves the theory....since there must be a one in 300 million exception to every rule.

I invited Warren to one of my free workshops in our Omaha location....he missed it....guess he doesn't want learn how to trade.....

Don :D :D

#16     Nov 2, 2003
  7. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Cramer put price targets on many of the dot bombs that were within .50 of Blodgett's targets. While Cramer's style is comical and out of the norm, he doesn't talk much about the hot air he spewed into the Internet bubble. You don't have to be successful in the market to host a stelevision show, all you need is a personality and following that's what brings in the ratings. Then again some of the best athletes have become sportscasters.

Their information is only as useful as you deem it. I prefer to watch the Disney channel with my son during K&C's time slot.

#17     Nov 2, 2003
  8. HaHa. I am sorry to say this but your 1 in 300 million estimate is way off. Buffet's track record defies all odds.....his existence is a direct blow to probability theory as well as equilibria theory; economics tells us that no one should be able to consistently beat the major indexes yet many many investors and funds have done just that. Buy and hold works for Buffet....but, as you suggest, those who promote such strategies should be better scrutinized because it clearly matters WHAT YOU BUY AND HOLD!

From recent news on his current plays, I wouldn't be surprised if he did attend your seminar (guess what?....he's short the US Dollar!). I was just absolutely astoudned to hear that the chap has recently shorted the Dollar as we know that Buffet is surely no Soros. I guess one never is too old to start trading.....and yes, I think Buffet is speculating since EVEN BUFFET can't tell us where the dollar is going to be in two years from now! Trust me, if the dollar rises substantially within the next two years, BUFFET will be OUT and his play will have been not an investment but a trade! He won't hold the foreign currencies he bought through rough times because he knows he is just a drop in the bucket in the FOREX liquidity pool.

BTW, do you really know Warrent Buffet? just curious...

#18     Nov 3, 2003
  9. SteveD

SteveD

Does everyone know that Jimmy and Warren are cousins.

Warren has had a few stumbles, Solomon Brothers, Coke etc. I believe he only buys private companies now. Dairy Queen, Blum furniture, old steady businesses.

He doesn't like all the pesky rules about accounting reporting that the SEC wants to see. He just got turned down by the SEC on a request to be exempt from some required filings on his activities.

SteveD

#19     Nov 3, 2003
  10. ROFL...."all those pesky rules about accounting reporting....." Those damn accountants....where is Arthur Anderson when you need them?

Warren had a great ride, and by now, his sheer dominance will provide great returns for Berkshire.

No, I don't know him personally, we have met a couple of times in passing.

Don

#20     Nov 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.