Does anyone else feel that when they are in

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock777, Mar 9, 2007.

1. a trade, the things they do to you are probably illegal under the sodomy statutes?

2. Total adrenaline rush, the kind I can't find anywhere else.

3. <i>"Total adrenaline rush, the kind I can't find anywhere else."</i>

That aptly describes trading the ER, too. ES gives a feeling of deliberate, methodical profits most of the time. ER can be a wild child at any time.

Both telegraph themselves very well, but one is more rush and the other mostly mundane.

4. john99

john99

On monday the 5th, ER2 was crazy, at 10:02 someone dropped ER2 from 774 to 772 in 20 seconds. I said, "what the f*ck was that,,,, this is crazy!"

5. Last Friday morning ER slapped thru a 4pt sideways range in three violent swings, nil volume. Did a similar thing Wednesday morning, smaller range but same pattern.

When volatility is low, ER is king. When volatility is high, it's a wild one.

Three ES trades for me today went short +2pts (trailed stop just before surging another 4pts lower) short +4pts and short +3pts.

Five ER trades went short -1.5pts, long +2pts, short -1pt, short +1pt and short +3pts

All ER trades went at least +1/2pt in favor, two stopped out for net loss. Bottom line? ER is spiky = whippy as the other side of its dual-edged volatility sword. High adrenaline critter, for sure

6. Two whole points? Wow, that must have made the Evening News!