does anyone daytrade the QM?..mini crude oil?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by increasenow, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Trial and error. That always gets in the way. Zero sum game.
    Dim sum soup.

#11     Feb 14, 2008
  2. This is right. Become an ace in one market (eg YM or CL) where you give it undivided focus.

#12     Feb 14, 2008

3. I do trade the larger contract for longer term position trades but I trade the WTI on ICE instead of the CL. It is cheaper to trade and the volume is good.

I have not been day trading oil that long so it is more of a comfort factor than anything else when I day trade with QM rather than the full sized contract. I trade the QM strictly for an intraday trade or couple of days at the most and mostly just 1 or 2 contracts at a time. It is not an account size or margin issue just what I am comfortable with for now.

What was the point of this thread anyway? Were you just asking to see if anyone would say yes they day trade QM and then to tell them they should trade CL? Just curious.

#13     Feb 14, 2008
  4. thanks very much...I was honestly trying to dialaque with people trading the QM...I am going to start looking at it solely...just the QM with the desire to go to CL when I have more cash$$$...your insight is encouraging...thanks...any other insight is great!

#14     Feb 14, 2008
  5. No problem. Your plan is sound. Oil is tough but very profitable once you learn what not to do. Good luck to you.

#15     Feb 14, 2008