Does anyone analyze currency indexes to make FX trades?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Good idea, but I need a connection with futures. Between Gain and Yahoo I have stocks, currencies, and the major indexes - no futures.

#21     Dec 4, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

One word.... Zen-Fire.

#22     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Very nice. It seems it only goes up to about 60 days of data, but if it were a problem I could also combine it with the charts on futuresource. That's a big help Surdo, and probably saved me a good amount of time before I went back through all the possible Ninja connections before I found Zenfire.

Thanks,

Greg

#23     Dec 4, 2008
  4. #25     Dec 5, 2008
  5. Yes, it's very interesting stuff, but I don't think I'm going to use it for any trading. I'm trying to refrain from news and fundamentals and focusing mainly on technicals and intraday PA, attempting to make a profit at any time under most market conditions.

I will do this research when I have time (likely over the summer), as I'm sure there are big profits for people who get a feel for news and other market activity, but for now I just have it bookmarked.

Do you use this info for trading, Inow?

#26     Dec 5, 2008
  6. nah and now way...I do like it for a better understand of the market as a whole and the way currencies relate etc...but, I like to take trades that last :02 minutes to :30 minutes...totally true and no hype...I do not like trades over :30 minutes

#27     Dec 5, 2008