Does anyone analyze currency indexes to make FX trades?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Nov 22, 2008.

1. #11     Nov 23, 2008
  2. You can search their website to find more indices but be aware that StockCharts.com tends to specialize primarily in equities, so their futures/forex data tends to be limited. The above charts are part of their end-of-day data collection (no intraday data) which they offer as a complementary feature.

But sounds to me like you need a data vendor that specializes in futures/forex. You can look into http://futuresource.quote.com/charts/charts.jsp (eSignal bought them).

#12     Nov 23, 2008
  3. Yes I did see that stockcharts only had weekly and daily data, but I figured I would ask if you every used intraday. Futuresources seems good, but something seems really wrong about the times on their chart (3:53 am eastern and their chart says 2:40 on it). I emailed their customer service and will get back with the answer.

#13     Nov 24, 2008
  4. ikkyu

ikkyu

#14     Nov 25, 2008
  5. Very nice, John. Do you just use the charts that are given when you click on the index link on that page?

Thanks,

Greg

#15     Nov 25, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

These are listed on the AMEX, and should be available from any data provider real time.

$XDE.X
    $XDB.X
    $XDN.X
    $XDS.X
    $XDC.X
    $XDA.X

#16     Nov 25, 2008
  7. Surdo, I didn't see them in TOS. They also didn't show up on yahoo finance or with my gain connection on ninjatrader, though that really doesn't mean much. What are you using for them?

Thanks

#17     Nov 25, 2008
  8. ikkyu

ikkyu

Greetings. I do use those charts, but then i trade on a weekly basis. I have been meaning to create charting in Excel with the downloaded data creating things like moving averages.

Cheers from Osaka,
    john

#18     Nov 25, 2008
  9. Looking back on this, futures are definitely what I'm looking for. Where can I interactive charts on currency futures?

Futuresource was not bad, but I would like some better charting capabilities.

Thanks for the help,

Greg

#19     Dec 4, 2008
  10. Surdo

Surdo

The best FREE ones are NinjaTrader, which you claim to have?

All of the futures are listed in the instrument manaqer.

#20     Dec 4, 2008