Does anyone analyze currency indexes to make FX trades?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Nov 22, 2008.

1. I just had the idea that studying currency indexes could be a very good idea (match a bullish pattern with a bearish one and trades would have a both higher potential profits and higher probabilities of being profitable -- makes enough sense to be worth a shot).

Anyway, what do you use to analyze these indexes, and if they are commonly quoted what are their tickers?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Greg

2. euclid

euclid

I create my own indices in real time using a proprietary non-linear calculation.

3. Very nice, but where can I get it? I didn't see the DJECI listed anywhere. Do you have to order the data through them?

Also do they have other currencies?

Thanks

4. Thought you meant a data source. DJ charges for this service.

5. Euclid,

How do you go about this? A feed into excel? Also, do you chart it?

Thanks,

Greg

6. Any data source is helpful. I'm trying to limit costs now (just realized I've spent $425 on books, and I only have $1500 spare to start with), but I'm very happy to collect any resources I can - even if they just stay stashed in my bookmarks for a while. If the cost is worth it though I will spend the money.

Are you familiar with the product and its cost, as well as any other currencies it tracks?

I also see things like the dollar index on CNBC. Can I get that data anywhere?

Thanks

7. euclid

euclid

Calculated and charted in Metatrader.

• m8.gif
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Very nice. Can you describe your experience with these and using them with Metatrader?

Thanks.

#10     Nov 23, 2008