Does Anyone Actually Support The Auto Bailout?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ============
    cap;
    If you take that first logic to your trading;
    a wrong position size/wrong trend analysis-means intentionaly do that again????????????????????????????????????????????????????:D

Actually what if [if]the FED head saw a non bank bail out would freeze 80% of banks/brkerages, including your checking./swavings /brokerage acc?????????????????????????????????????

OK i see your sarcasm

GM, F CHRYSLER are not banks;
    & i drive a GM 6 cylinder, let them[all 3] go to chapter 11 court:cool:

#11     Dec 9, 2008
  2. Revenge trading at it's best.
    Let'em all burn. I'm tired of thinking about it.

#12     Dec 9, 2008
  3. jem

jem

I see polls that sa 80% of the public is against it.

When I see 80% of the people on one side of the issue - I have to carefully examine the others side.

For now - I wonder what happens if don't bail them out.

Do we need heavy industry for national security.

Perhaps - we should create a Chapter 11.5 -

flush the bad contracts - renegotiate the union contracts. Make them a model for a future national health care plan.

#13     Dec 9, 2008
  4. #14     Dec 9, 2008
  5. I support the bailout on the basis it will help the stock market go up. But the UAW needs to be scrapped. The era of unions is over.

#15     Dec 9, 2008
  6. It will help auto industry market go up for the next couple months until the same exact bankruptcy situation happens AGAIN.

Everyone knows it's going to happen again.

#16     Dec 9, 2008
  7. what will these guys and gals do now that are making $100/hour?

how do you expect them to survive??

of course we must save them!!

#17     Dec 9, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

No it's not. If the bailout goes forward there will be no change what so ever as far as the unions go.

#18     Dec 9, 2008
  9. Take a look at the cumulative executive salaries, bonuses, and retirement packages of the big 3 over the past 40 years -- the incompetent degenerates that destroyed the american auto industry took hundreds of millions for themselves in the process. And they're still taking it, even now as the companies are on the edge of bankruptcy. That kind of money pays for a lot of union wages.

Labor is a problem, but not the key problem here. The executives/board (is there a difference anymore?) are the ones that set the policies, chose the designs and markets, drove the development, and negotiated the labor contracts. If the labor economics didn't work, then it was their responsibility to see that and rectify it years before coming hat in hand to congress looking for a handout. Instead, they ran it into the ground, skimming off the top as long as they could. I'm no fan of labor unions, but the blame for this rests on the management.

#19     Dec 9, 2008
  10. The blame for this rests 90% with the unions. They have been bleeding the big 3 dry for decades

Most employees work to make their employer more successful. Unions say "SHUT IT DOWN" when contract time comes. Why do you think foreign carmakers who open a major factory in the USA stay away from union country?

#20     Dec 9, 2008