Does anyone actually believe the Osama Killed story?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, May 2, 2011.

1. olias

olias

It's great to question everything you hear, but here's why I think it's pretty stupid: why would they lie? What is the motive? A popularity bump 2 years before election time? You're speculating that they haven't caught Osama at all? If he's still running around, wouldn't it be embarrassing to have him prove he's still alive by recording some new video?

I just don't understand what you all are supposing actually happened.

#11     May 3, 2011

2. In Muslim culture, its essential that a deceased person is buried as soon as possible. According to Al-Jazeera the body was taken to Afganistan where it was bathed and the last rites were performed. It was then flown to a carrier in the Med where it was gently lowered into the sea.

#12     May 3, 2011
  3. lindq

lindq

At which point the carrier went full reverse engines and finished the job right.

#13     May 3, 2011
  4. Agree. Anybody over 30 should have enough life experience where they question everything but what they see with their own eyes. Faith? GTFOH.

#14     May 3, 2011
  5. Larson

Larson Guest

Who gives a _blank_ about this. He was an outlaw and responsible for mass murder. The Italians hung Mussollini from a rope, Bin Laden was no Mussolini, you get the drift.

#15     May 3, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Upside down, along with his woman.

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

First off ill start out by saying that i fully believe that they killed Bin Laden.

With that said i dont know if the thing about muslims wanting to bury a person as soon as possible is necessarily true. I have been to a couple muslim funerals and i dont remember there being a huge rush in either one, it seemed like the typical amount of time to get the deceased buried (3-4 days) i remember one specifically because it was one of my best friends mom, and they actually waited a little longer because people had to make it into town from other areas of the world. She died of cancer on a Saturday and the funeral was on Friday. So i think that the whole story of wanting to get him buried quickly due to the muslim faith is a copout.

They must have had their reasons, but this one doesnt make any sense.

#17     May 3, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Good point. Making broad statements about how Muslims do things is probably as prone to error as making similar statements about Christians, which include everything from Amish to Russian Orthodox.

#18     May 3, 2011
  9. It is true. I lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years and attended the "wake" for a Saudi colleague's mom. (I'm not sure what they called it, but friends and relatives attended his home to express condolences and pass a few hours with him.) She was buried within one day of her death. This is going back to the mid '90s. She may have been buried the same day she died, I don't exactly recall. However, I remember the gathering to which I was invited was held the next day, following her death, by which time she had already been buried. I asked about this and was advised that this was the custom.

#19     May 3, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

It's remarkable how carefully considered, planned, and executed ;) this operation was. We can still git 'er done.

#20     May 3, 2011