Does anyone actually believe in God or are they just afraid...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joe, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Well said. Our arguments here often boil down to the inherent contradiction between cause-and-effect and eternity.

#31     Apr 23, 2014
  2. jem

jem

1. It takes faith to believe in a Creator and it takes faith to believe there is not.

2. Science is becoming more and more sure our universe had a beginning.

Scientists speculated they would find proof of the big bang in background radiation.
    They found the proof in the background radiation a couple of years ago.

"Before" or outside our known testable universe is belief.

It takes faith to believe in a Creator and it takes faith to believe there is not.

#32     Apr 23, 2014
  3. ===================

You made some good points;
    not talking about your error of trying to limit capital punishment to stones.NO way does the Bible or any US state limit capital punishment to stones.

AS it was in the day of Noah, so shall it be, as it was in the days of Lot so shall it be[fire + flood]. No unbelief can stop the scientific accuracy of Bible [WORD][ or100% accurate predictions in the Bible. As far as females are concerned, Church, women, Christian women,, Jewish women are generally speaking ,,much better behaved, , than say ,Muslim women..... And while many Arab women are attractive/beautiful i was talking about deeds, not just outward beauty!!

Indian chief Sitting Bull said no man is raised from the dead; that is bull...... thru sitting Bull.Thanks :cool: Wonder why the Holy Bible is STILL the best selling book after all these years?????

#33     Apr 23, 2014
  4. I figured it out years ago. Life is a joke and the joke is on us.

#34     Apr 23, 2014

5. 1. No. Two very different things.

2. No. It isn't. In fact science thinks this may not be the only one.

Faith based on ignorance and wishes is not the same as rational thought processes based on science that lead to probable guesses about how things are. To call the latter "faith" is simple wrong and at best is a inaccurate stretch of meaning for the term.

#35     Apr 23, 2014
  6. jem

jem

1. I realize your drone age is about 4 - 6 years old.

you know your kid is getting smarter when they saying more than no. By about 8 they have arguments.... such as their friends stay up to watch the game.

you have so little science when you write... you are still in the just say "no" stage.

2. I said our universe.... there is little doubt now our universe had a beginning.
    As I said before it is speculation to say there is a "before" or outside or other universes.

#36     Apr 23, 2014
  7. All this being said, I promised my granddaughter I'd go to church with her, sweet little girl. It was supposed to be on Easter but another sweet little girl (legal age) kept me out too late, so next Sunday visit I'll be going.

#37     Apr 23, 2014
  8. stu

stu

Though the concept of a deity having always existed doesn't seem to bother the religious, but the Universe doing so apparently will.

#38     Apr 23, 2014
  9. Ricter

Ricter

That's because the former cares about us, the latter does not.

#39     Apr 23, 2014
  10. jem

jem

the women vs God conundrum in a different form.

I had just about completely forgotten about that.

#40     Apr 23, 2014