Does anyone ACTIVELY trade the HSI with somebody other than IB? if so, who?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gangof4, Mar 6, 2008.

1. I'm the idiot, but you're the one who overtraded, paniced, revenge traded and throughly got his ass handed to him. :D

Riiight

#11     Mar 7, 2008
  2. Actually, technically speaking, even though he did all the things you mentioned, you could still be an idiot.

Just wanted to point that out.

#12     Mar 7, 2008
  3. gangof4

gangof4

you cut and pasted only the start of what i said, perhaps you didn't read my entire post. my point was that if the full is the $155/mo someone posted, then its $1860 a year, every year, with inevitable price increases. my comment was relative to, say, a one time $1500, or whatever, license fee. i just prefer to own my software, rather than rent it monthly.

regardless, as i said, teh cost is negligible if it makes things easier.

#13     Mar 7, 2008
  4. gangof4

gangof4

i still don't know how i 'paniked', so i disagree that i did all that he mentioned. but you other point is spot on.

#14     Mar 7, 2008
  5. It's 139 Euros for 3 months ($213) = $70/mo. If you say you want to lease for the longer term, there used to be a further discount available, not sure if that is still the case.

http://www.buttontrader.com/index.asp

#15     Mar 7, 2008
  6. This is correct. Buttontrader uses API to TWS like all other front ends to TWS. Yes, once your order is on the exchange it is active there. <B><I>But if TWS goes down you cannot enter any orders (open or close)</B></I>.

#16     Mar 7, 2008
  7. #17     Mar 7, 2008
  8. joesan

joesan

When I was looking for a backup broker for HSI trading, I learned from certain big HK based local broker that if the total traded quantity of HSI surpassed several hundred contracts per month, they can offer a very favourable commision plan. In your case, you may only trade the first several days of a month with commision, then you trade the rest of the month FREE OF CHARGE. I need IB's platform for autotrading so I just opened a backup account in that local broker and their favorable commision plan for high quantity HSI trading was not confirmed. But if you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the contact information next week.

#18     Mar 7, 2008
  9. Right.

OldTrader

#19     Mar 7, 2008
  10. gangof4

gangof4

hi Richard.

thanks for the link.

that would save me 1,000's (USD) per month. unfortunately.... they don't really have a trading interface that is designed for trading- like a DOM. i would imagine there have to be HK based brokers which have DOM- let me know if you can think of any.

i'll be talking (hopefully) to MF Global either thurs or friday...

thanks again.

#20     Mar 13, 2008