Does anybody use Wolfe waves for trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by EDWINGENTNER, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Does anybody use Wolfe waves for trading? It will be interesting to hear feedback

2. Studied them back in the day, useless.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. drm7

drm7

Thomas Bulkowski did a pretty detailed analysis of Wolfe waves, and found them to be underwhelming. He also found some inconsistencies in Wolfe's research, and got the brush-off when he emailed him to clarify them.

http://thepatternsite.com/WolfeWaveBull.html

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Thanks!

5. bublu

bublu

Haven't use this technique as yet however i am reading the article now. Thanks for sharing the link i think it might surely improve my knowledge too.

6. doggyfx

doggyfx

Wolfe traders are obsolete technique unless majority of traders and hedge funds use this stuff it is useless as any price patterns are very unstable in the dynamic market which is constantly changing.

7. vanv0029

vanv0029

I admit my efforts to understand Wolfe Waves so far have failed, but your
    comment explains why they may be a good discretionary pattern for
    human traders. HFTs are probably starting to use simple systems in
    there algorithms so anything complicated used by humans should be
    good.

8. The individual Derivative sets and contains its own unique Pattern of Charting Formations towards any evaluation needed within the Present Trend as a Key Factor - Charts are always saying something to you - Its just the way you are interrupting the readings of the Chart or that your indicator setting are not located at the Current Price Range.