Does anybody own a ferrari?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daytrademargin, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

I had a roommate in college that had a Ferrari for his only car. He walked more than he drove as there was always something wrong with it. One of the times it broke down he had to replace two camshafts and a distributor. The bill for that was more than the cost of the same car on the market used. I own five classic european sports cars but I a glad to say a Ferrari is not one of them. The same can be said for a Lamborghini.

Catoosa

#51     Apr 11, 2007
  2. just21

just21

Buy a diesel and survive peak oil. Saudi oil production was down 8% last year, first time it has fallen when the economy is not in recession.

#52     Apr 11, 2007
  3. ktm

ktm

I have a 360 Modena. I would echo what some of the other owners have said with a few additions.

Insurance is not expensive. I'm late 30s with a decent driving record and my insurance is $1200 a year on the car.

You have to keep in mind why you are buying the car. This obviously cannot be your only vehicle. It's for weekends and nice weather and special events, etc... That said, you'd be better off with something much newer. Repairs will be high and in older cars occur more often. These cars are hand made and they reflect it. Windows don't always hit the upper track, the car thinks the hood or trunk lid is open when it's not, etc... Not everything fits to the precision of a Camry, etc...

As far as women, I can tell you that for every woman who approached me in the car, 10 dudes came around. For the most part, women don't notice it or don't know what it is when they look at it.

They are fun to have and fun to drive.

#53     Apr 11, 2007
  4. Exactly why he should ask his question on another forum, not here.

But I beg to differ about Ferrari being best no question. I prefer Lambo :)

#54     Apr 11, 2007
  5. If I were to suggest a car, that is more practical, cheaper to insure (even though 1200 a year is pretty damn good), is a bentley gt coupe. I bought a 2005 about 5 months ago off of ebay for a very decent price and I have loved every minute of it.

#55     Apr 11, 2007

6. agree, thats the best car being produced currently.

surf

#56     Apr 11, 2007
  7. jtnet

jtnet

what do the chicks say? and guys? give us some stories.

#57     Apr 11, 2007
  8. Hmmm,, okay, but the auction says that there are 0 bids and the starting bid is 35K.. so doesn't the seller set that starting bid?

Anyhow, I believe you of course, I couldn't understand why the number 35K was even associated with the car.

I'm not an eBay guy so I guess I misinterpreted the info there.

#58     Apr 11, 2007
  9. ttosifa

ttosifa

I know a very good race car driver who has both a Ferrari 360 Modena and a Porsche 911 GT3 (along with a few other "very special cars"). I asked him his impression of the difference in the two cars.

His reply: The Ferrari is like the wife, and the Porsche like the mistress. The Ferrari requires constant upkeep, lots of money, and is appropriate only for the finest outings. The Porsche, on the other hand, is always in the mood to be driven hard, and doesn't require a dime of maintenance.

I want a Porsche (but don't tell my Ferrari)...

#59     Apr 11, 2007
  10. jtnet

jtnet

what about Lamborghini

#60     Apr 11, 2007