Does anybody own a ferrari?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daytrademargin, Apr 10, 2007.

1. if you have to buy a used F, you cannot afford it!

Its like buying a mansion, and not being able to pay the electric bill, taxes, upkeep fees, etc.

#41     Apr 11, 2007
  2. 2mnytrdz

2mnytrdz

Yea,
    I agree with some of the other posters here. Get a vette and spend the rest on the women.

#42     Apr 11, 2007
  3. ssss

ssss

Give me a reason why I shouln't buy it please before I waste money and make this bad purchase. Thank you.

Dear Sir

Reason is simple

1.1 day with F430 in Germany offered for some 500 euro

For 1-2 weeks you would receive all satisfation ,which is possible

In France some more expensive ,but Paris -Nice + Monaco

2. If you true freak ,you can contact Ferrari,this offered
    430CS on Maranello .

Your respectfully

P.S. Last sunday author was very surprized to see
    Bugatti Veyron(1.5 mln $ ) in Hamburg not in clima garage
    but on the street in location of multiple cheap communal
    flat's

#43     Apr 11, 2007
  4. If you believed that an oil change costs 5K for even a minute, then you shouldn't be buying this car.

#44     Apr 11, 2007
  5. marky1

marky1

No, but a 10,000 km service, throw in a new F1 clutch, some brake pads, and it can reach 6,000 euros. I know because that's what I paid last year! They are not cheap to run.

#45     Apr 11, 2007
  6. #46     Apr 11, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

Been there done that got the Tshirt. :cool:

Very impractical (I could only drive it on weekends)

Repairs were ridiculas.

and worst of all

Chicks are too intimidated by it.

So what's the point?

:)

#47     Apr 11, 2007
  8. bgp

bgp

i am a very plastic person . {fake} :)

#48     Apr 11, 2007
  9. The 328 is the most "user friendly" of all the F cars. Many high mileage examples exist and I am aware of several that are/were used as daily drivers. The 355 and later models are much more costly to maintain. My experience with Ferrari is that the more often they are driven the less problems you will face. These cars carry a stigma similar to trading; everyone offers their opinions, but few know whats up.

In the same price range you may consider a new Lotus Elise. The car is simple, exotic, and reliable.

JAC

#49     Apr 11, 2007
  10. Pre-2000 Boxsters have had mega engine problems. Even on replaced engines. I hate to say it but aside from BMW every German maker has spotty reliability.

I've said many times to friends that a 308/328 is a great value even if you never drive it.

A POS painting is 20-30k. I'd rather have a 328 in my garage just as art. If you drive it 3-5k miles a year it's a bonus.

Could it be your daily driver? Doubtful.

About the most "exotic" a single vehicle guy can go is a Vette or Carrera. (the 911 is of MUCH better assembly than a Boxster).

#50     Apr 11, 2007