does anybody manage a book of options in interactive brokers

Discussion in 'Options' started by cdcaveman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. well.. you can't get data on the weekends or at least right now from IB! damn i was looking to mess with all this in excel.. it looks like i've even got it all set up correctly

#21     Jul 14, 2012
  2. MBfromLA

MBfromLA

Hi guys, used OptionsOracle for a while, but lately it stopped working, even if i link it to IB, it just doesn't get the data. I really miss it, because it was AMAZING, don't even mind paying for that type of a service.

I couldn't figure out how to use the analysis for IB, it's very confusing, OptionsOracle was very straight forward and easy to use. Does anybody know of a similar program? Thanks ....

#22     Nov 30, 2012
  3. MBfromLA

MBfromLA

Do you know the one based in india, it was 123options.com, abcoptions.com, optionsabc...or something like that. It was $50 a year,,,very nice graphics, web based, and easy to use. Thanks.

#24     Nov 30, 2012
  4. hoadley

#25     Nov 30, 2012
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

whats great about hoadley? I am thinking of writing one; copy the good stuff from other places.

#26     Dec 4, 2012
  6. alot of things are good about it... what are you finding deficient with what you have access to?

#27     Dec 4, 2012
  7. 2rosy

2rosy

I wrote I was going to write one (and sell it) and wanted to know whats so great about hoadly. Specifics. It wouldnt take me long to copy the good stuff and make it look slick :cool:

#28     Dec 4, 2012
  8. umm the ability to preset butterfly/condor strike width would be a big help.. and the ability to widen or tighten them dynamically... you can move up/down strikes and expirations dynamically once you have loaded options chains in but not widen.. and i'd have to look into it.. by i remember having a little difficulty getting clear term structure risk on calender trades.. the idea of changing leg vol assumptions/etc is there already.. but try to account for a changing skew across term structure and then do some what ifs with fwd delta.. idk just thinking outloud.. the ib api doesn't work good with hoadley.. mainly because of ib's api.. but managing a larger book live that has more gamma exposure.. meaning higher hedge frequency is impossible..

#29     Dec 4, 2012
  9. 2rosy

2rosy

Here's a free app that can do some pricing, cones, and curves. Feature requests welcome; integration with ib is possible. :D

#30     Dec 7, 2012