does any website show intraday or weekly price CHARTS for options quotes

Discussion in 'Options' started by darwin666, Feb 24, 2009.

1. may be too much to ask for. but I want to have a quick glance at the way an option price varies. during the day/week range

I have seen in OptionsXpress, you can see a yearly chart for option leaps.

see the screenshot of SPY 60 MARCH Put. IT IS THE BLUE line.

but scottrade/ tradeking, Optionshouse, dont show me a weekly or daily chart

may be most are so volatile that , its not feasible. ?

Infact sometimes. with low volume, the bid ask of the particular option will have fluctuated much more than the day /HIGH /LOW range and that usually is not captured. when we look back all we find is the OPEN /CLOSE prices.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
  2. lundy

lundy

3. MTE

MTE

you can see them in thinkorswim platform, which offers the in-house charting as well as prophet.

4. markg_ny

markg_ny

Try: http://www.crimsonmind.com
    To get recent daily changes for a specific strike I use this method: Enter any quote (say: msft) then click column Strike (History) in the quote table.
    I use intraday snapshot from the site as well.
    You can get historical quotes as well (manually, day by day what can be tiresome if you want a range of days).

I have learned a lot looking at daily changes for a strike (you could really observe all the greeks in action).

5. You can look at individual option charts on pretty near any time frame on Optionxpress's Flexcharts.

[​IMG]

6. heech

heech

Do you know if ToS (or any other tool) lets me plot the difference between underlying + option price? Ie, if I wanted to see how covered call premium was moving?