does any website show intraday or weekly price CHARTS for options quotes

Discussion in 'Options' started by darwin666, Feb 24, 2009.

1. may be too much to ask for. but I want to have a quick glance at the way an option price varies. during the day/week range

I have seen in OptionsXpress, you can see a yearly chart for option leaps.

see the screenshot of SPY 60 MARCH Put. IT IS THE BLUE line.

but scottrade/ tradeking, Optionshouse, dont show me a weekly or daily chart

may be most are so volatile that , its not feasible. ?

Infact sometimes. with low volume, the bid ask of the particular option will have fluctuated much more than the day /HIGH /LOW range and that usually is not captured. when we look back all we find is the OPEN /CLOSE prices.
    • spy.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
  2. lundy

3. MTE

you can see them in thinkorswim platform, which offers the in-house charting as well as prophet.
  4. markg_ny

To get recent daily changes for a specific strike I use this method: Enter any quote (say: msft) then click column Strike (History) in the quote table.
    I use intraday snapshot from the site as well.
    You can get historical quotes as well (manually, day by day what can be tiresome if you want a range of days).

I have learned a lot looking at daily changes for a strike (you could really observe all the greeks in action).
  5. You can look at individual option charts on pretty near any time frame on Optionxpress's Flexcharts.

6. heech

Do you know if ToS (or any other tool) lets me plot the difference between underlying + option price? Ie, if I wanted to see how covered call premium was moving?