Does any trader have Tinnitus or any other ailment

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pbw, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnome

gnome

Tinnitus is fairly common as people age. I've always been protective of my hearing... wanted to be able to listen to Led Zeppelin when I was 80, you know.... but got it anyway.

The intensity waxes and wanes, but alcohol seems to make it temporarily worse. (Bummer)

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

There are documented cases of sufferers having their auditory nerve cut in an attempt to stop the ringing. Unfortunately, they were left deaf but the ringing continued. (That would REALLY be a bummer.... no external sounds to mitigate the ringing?)

#12     Feb 27, 2008
  3. ck your BP.. your heart may be playing a tune on your hard arteries..
    :D

anything over 120/80 get med counsel

#13     Feb 27, 2008
  4. heypa

heypa

Both ears. Quite loud. Had it for years. Probably from working around aircraft for years.Most of the time it's just there. Coupled with hearing loss ,noise and age related, I sometimes miss phone calls. Most of the time it is ignorable like most background noise:but, in quiet times such as now in front of the computer it is pronounced but doesn't bother me. A bit long in the tooth at 82 to be bothered by unimportant things.

#14     Feb 27, 2008
  5. TraderZone

TraderZone Guest

6. I got it from standing in front of my amps on stage.
    The drummer could barely compete!:D
    Mine isn't a bad case, but I do use a white noise generator at low volume at nite to get to sleep.
    I don't notice it when I'm trading cuz the TV's on.

#16     Feb 27, 2008
  7. I've had it since being in an explosion 30 years ago. I tend to run a fan in the bedroom and the den as white noise generators. If you concentrate on it, "it" gets worse... at least in my case.

#17     Feb 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.