Does any one make money intrady trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gifropan, Dec 18, 2007.

1. I would kindly ask you to come up with a more positive suggestion to help rather than deter me.

#21     Dec 18, 2007
  2. You should be sending private messages, emails to those that trade the same trading instrument as you do and has proven that they are profitable (there are traders that post proof of their profitability).

Thus, don't wait for someone to read your public message and hope someone shows up to tell you something that gets you going in the right direction because your message will get lost among all the other junk or not attract whom you really want to have a conversation with.

(too many new or beginner traders try to solve the profit riddle this way).

Therefore, you need to go knock on some doors and you may as well start with those showing proof of profitabliilty and that link that Dustin posted earlier is a good place to start...

Send them a private message or email because so far (accordingly to your own words) you haven't been able to figure it out on your own.

Mark

#22     Dec 18, 2007
  3. What then is the largest hurdle(force to be overcome) for a daytrader. After watching,watching,watching the market, I'm convinced that for a stock trader the main obstacle is that the major adjustments in price movement are generally made in overnight gaps up or down.......so you must become an investor rather than trader to participate. Unlike the last two trading days, the declines or advances(at least 40% of them) are in the gaps up and down.

Take GOOG's massive run from early Sept. 2007 (price 515/share) until about 11/06/07(price 730/share) . If you were to participate to the upside you couldn't be flat at the end of each day. A large percentage of that $215 price change occured with gaps up each day>>>>>>>>>>ITS SOUNDS RIDICULOUS BUT THIS FACT I'VE JUST STATED MAKES ME WONDER IF ALL THE ORDER FLOW TO A STOCK EVEN GETS EXECUTED IN THE SAME TRADING DAY IT'S ORDERED?? Are all those gaps up from traders actually placing buy orders from the night before or very early in the AM???????

#23     Dec 18, 2007
  4. Boib

Boib

Take a second look at this.

Define "succsessful strategy" and whether it is your ability to find one or your ability to follow one.

#24     Dec 18, 2007
  5. gobar

gobar

bought calls in GS, AAPL, GRMN which r down huge but still I made money today...

#25     Dec 18, 2007
  6. When I first encountered this website, a couple of years ago, I was interested in learning how to daytrade from someone who regularly and routinely earned a living doing so.

I have tried daytrading several times, and I have always made money. Trouble is, my ROI wasn't much better than what I would have received had I just dollar cost averaged into some reasonable mutual fund. And, the trading aspect is hard work, staring at the screen every second for the entire trading day, 5 days per week.

I even offered to pay $10,000 to anyone who would just let me sit and watch them do their thing for a couple of months (conditioned on the person also providing me with 5 years worth of verified tax returns demonstrating that they earn substantially all of their income from daytrading).

Two years later and I still have my $10K (my offer remains open -- I'll even throw in free legal representation on any issue, taxation, securities, family law, estates, etc.).

Seems to me that anyone who has actually figured out how to make a living daytrading, simply has no incentive to show anyone else how it's done -- except for a family member or close friend.

#26     Dec 18, 2007
  7. You might have a point there. I have at times studied chart patterns etc and seen strategies that looked successful but I did not decide to follow them because most of them required wide stops to start with. But maybe that is what one has to live with.

Gifropan

#27     Dec 18, 2007
  8. I would say 10k is a joke to anybody that trades well. No offense intended.

10k to sit there and bug the crap out of somebody..ugh...a good trader would pay you 10k to get lost and stop asking questions. :D

#28     Dec 18, 2007
  9. nitro

nitro

Yes.

Remember, those that know won't tell, and those that don't know, don't know.

nitro

#29     Dec 18, 2007
  10. Actually, those are "blotters" rather than brokerage statements.

#30     Dec 18, 2007