Does any firm have a need for this type of experienced programmer?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by excusesagain, May 18, 2004.

1. Hello there. I am in the process of poking around and helping a fellow co-worker who is an experienced Senior programmer for automated trading systems and neural-network style systems in finding other job opportunities in the automated trading arena. We are a firm that may be sold or shifted around in the future and even knowing that decision has not been made yet, I am always searching for other avenues for our programmers just in case decisions are later made. I guess I am just trying to get a sense of the demand for programmers who have a high level of experience and actually UNDERSTAND the financial markets. From experience, I know that alone can be a huge hurdle for a programmer. He is accomplished in C++, C, SQL, and x86 assembler; LINUX, Unix, RTLinux, Windows, and DOS; mySQL, Informix; OMT and UML; and various business applications and has 12 plus years of experience. He has led projects for our junior engineers as well and is an all around great guy. Our preference, as I know would be his, is to stay put here. My hopes are that that will be the case. I am doing this behind his back in hopes of other avenues just in case the ball does drop. He just has an incredible skillset and has done amazing things for this firm and in fearing for the worst, I am putting out these feelers because I do care very much. I always hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. If anyone out there may have an interest or know directions I could take in my research, please PM me. Thank you for your time.

2. jlm890

jlm890

In what city are you located?

3. In upper New England. Boston-Maine area.

4. jlm890

jlm890

Don't know much about Boston area trading world.

I've heard through the grapevine that Citadel and Peak6 are hiring in Chicago. I believe they build some automated trading tools. You'd probably have to relocate though.

If I hear of anything, I'll post it.

5. Thanks!

6. You and your friend should contact www.saxobank.com. I think they need you.