does america do enough for world hunger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Nov 7, 2009.

1. A little harsh????? Name another country - EXCEPT the motherfucking jackasses FORCED AT GUNPOINT - that is as generous as the US????? The so called "wold community" LOVES to brag about how generous it is...ever FUCKING failing to tell that it is AT GUN POINT!!!! Taxes are GUN POINT!!!! Show what people will do from their HEARTS!!!

-gastropod

#11     Nov 8, 2009
  2. WOW - THAT WAS REALLY HARSH OF ME!!!! My bad!!!

For you UK'ers - "Gun point" - that is the thing you slaves COULD have used to protect your freedoms, but you gave up without a fight a few years ago.

Sorry!

-gastropod

#12     Nov 8, 2009
  3. jprad

jprad

Hey, moron, aid is more than money...

Metric tons of food delivered in 2008:

Total: 6,029,768.6

U.S.: 3,099,952.3

U.K.: 131,538.0

http://www.wfp.org/fais/reports/qua...cipient/All/code/All/mode/All/basis/0/order/0

#13     Nov 8, 2009
  4. #14     Nov 8, 2009
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

#15     Nov 8, 2009
  6. jprad

jprad

Well, argued? No, I just dug a little deeper into the same organization you used.

If I wanted to argue the paltry $15MM in U.S. aid that you mentioned in your original post I would have countered that the U.S. supplies the country of Tajikistan alone with over $20MM in humanitarian aid annually due to the severe and ongoing drought it's mired in.

Or, I could mention that the U.S. supplies around 40% of the total humanitarian aid that all of the participating governments give annually.

#16     Nov 8, 2009
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

good arguments i believe you. but you should post source.

#17     Nov 8, 2009
  8. aegis

aegis

How exactly did these people survive for thousands of years before food donations came along?

Did Africans forget how to farm?

The old adage, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for day. But teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime", certainly holds true here.

Perhaps the UN should drop some plows and oxen by cargo plane instead of food.

#18     Nov 8, 2009
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

good argument. perhaps the emphasis should be on development.

#19     Nov 8, 2009
  10. Tom B

Tom B

The USA donates more than any other country in both percentage and total dollars when you factor in private foundations and citizen contributions.

#20     Nov 8, 2009