Does Al brooks even use stop orders?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 27, 2013.

1. lcranston

lcranston

Big of you :)

Is it okay if I have a home office? I want to be PC about all of this.

#31     Apr 5, 2013
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I have an home office. Whether of not its ok or not...that's a question for your tax accountant. :p

#32     Apr 5, 2013
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

There are very, very few educators whose teachings does not have any value. The problem is want to be traders, who think they will master the markets by reading one or two books or by attending a seminar/ webinar or two. When these adventurers lose a few $, you see them on every blog, messaging board blame every body for their state but their mothers.
    Wake up trading is a serious business and positive returns are only given to those who have put in the time plus work and have earned the right to claim those returns.
    Now go cry me a river...

#33     Apr 5, 2013
  4. It's too strong a statement to me. Most of them have nothing valuable to contribute to the trading knowledge out there. Some can be even detrimental to your trading.

But I don't think everyone out there is a BS artist. To separate those who are BS artists from those who are not I use a simple criterion: if the guy shows plenty of evidence that his trading ideas work (trading statements, screenshots of his trading platform P/L with all trades listed, etc), I am inclined to take him seriously.

By this criterion, Mr. Al Brooks is a BS artist. Sad, but that's what it is.

Another useful criterion, courtesy of Big Mike Trading forum is this: if the guy markets his stuff there (webinars, contributing to the forum, etc), that's a sign to avoid him like a plague.

Again, this disqualifies Mr. Brooks.

I have nothing against the guy, personally. I just follow my criteria.

#34     Apr 5, 2013
  5. please come out and respond, Al Brooks, aka Nodoji.

#35     Apr 6, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Tell me why you're here on ET again, I forgot.

#36     Apr 6, 2013
  7. Hero lose shmuck lose everyone lose,Goldman Sucks lose,Legman Bruthas lose,b/c there is no easy money in trading.EMG is a market Guru.Rveryone should listen to him.Firgot to add..jack hershey loses...

#37     Apr 6, 2013
  8. I said something along these very same lines, perhaps not so forcefully, in one of my very first posts on this forum. I hope it was not deleted.

Back then everyone seemed to be gaga about Mr. Brooks both here and on the BMT. Well, I was not. And still am not. Just like you I have nothing personal against him, but he is just an example of a bigger pattern of what's wrong with vendors.

This pattern can be summed up briefly as "not enough credibility or even willingness to be credible."

#38     Apr 6, 2013
  9. Yes, his stops are the same size as his targets.

#39     Apr 6, 2013
  10. Hi EMG,

That is a quote to remember.

Your ceaseless censures and relentless remonstrations are certainly silly, but I enjoy your posts. Made me laugh...

#40     Apr 6, 2013