Does a Prop Firm like this exist?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by GlobalMacro90, Mar 28, 2019.

1. A prop firm would give you 20x leverage or more depending on how capital intensive your strategy is and it's risk profile.

#11     Mar 28, 2019
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The fact is that I'm part of the NYC trading community. That has overall shifted from Market Makers and backed day traders to hedge funds and CTAs. The Chicago trading community is more entrepreneurial and is more apt to have deals like you are looking for if you know the right people. I do not.

#12     Mar 28, 2019
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

GlobalMacro90,

Would you like to provide a general description of you, the asset classes you trade and a general strategy you focus on? And, is that systemic or discretionary. If you do not want to do it publicly, email me.

#13     Mar 28, 2019
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

That requires joining a prop firm, getting registered with them, commingling your assets and risking your money next to other traders and a lock up of 1 year with your funds.

I'm not a fan of JBO type prop firms where your money is first loss unless they provide technology you can't get on your own or you do not have enough money for a PDT account. An example of technology you can't get on your own might be as an equity or option MM group or any hosted ultra low latency set up. These require a lot more capital with higher monthly fixed costs.

#14     Mar 28, 2019
  5. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OP might not even be looking for leverage. If you join forces with a prop firm, you have access to their fees and infrastructure which is WAYY better than anything you can shop for as a retail client.

That includes not just software and hardware but also dedicated staff that maintains it. You also have a risk manager who sends you home on a bad day.

Don't even be that "I'll just trade single digit clips with IB or AMP untill I'm big enough to pay for that stuff myself" guy. It's a waste of time. Go shopping. When you're ready to take some losses, too, you should be able to get awesome deals.

#15     Mar 29, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  6. bone

bone

Not in the US with regulated futures contracts - exchange registered US futures prop firms are NOT allowed to risk employee (the trader) capital.

#16     Mar 29, 2019
  7. where are you from?
    there are some good options for prop firms if you live in Chicago, NY or London

#17     Mar 29, 2019
  8. #19     Apr 14, 2019