Does a good FICO score give you better mortgage rate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGLD, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Unless you're buying a new home with an in house lender, I've found it's always best to go with the big banks. If you're buying new build, then the incentives the builders gives for using inhouse will usually blow away anything that a big bank can offer. (At least in my experience)

#11     Nov 17, 2020
  2. RGLD

RGLD

The lender is JP Morgan. That's a big bank. Can they be "in house"?

#12     Nov 17, 2020
  3. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

No, an in house lender is when you have a brand new subdivision like KB homes, D.R. Horton or Taylor Morrison and you get your loan through the homebuilder. That's what in-house is. If you're not buying a new construction, there is no in house lender.

JP Morgan-Chase is a good bank and they would normally be who I use, so you're good with them in my opinion.

#13     Nov 18, 2020
  4. bone

bone

If you can put 20 percent down that is the really big deal.

The real estate market would likely never have crashed like it did if that basic tenet had always been adhered to. The zero down NINJA loan was the match to the Investment Bank toxic asset firewood.

#14     Nov 18, 2020
  5. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

They were called NINA loans. No income, No assets. I remember this one program from back in 2003 or 2004 where this broker had a lender who would loan up to $1 million for 100% financing on a property and the only qualification was an 800 fico.

#15     Nov 20, 2020
  6. senumouv

senumouv

A good FICO score is not the only thing that can impact your approval and interest rate. But a good FICO score can only help you in getting a more favorable rate. Remember, it takes a lot more to lock in the best terms.

#16     Jan 13, 2021
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

They are useful for no income verification loans and loans that might need a little finessing even with 20% down imo.They can be very useful for real estate investors imo.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    #17     Jan 15, 2021