Does a disciplined trader smoke weed (?)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JosePonton, Feb 21, 2019.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Not always.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    #31     Feb 22, 2019
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Agree. Worth noting too... discipline is applicable to positive and negative. To keep my thought brief... A burglar who studies burglary and applies that knowledge will become a "better" burglar. Adverse affect on performance is measured on an actual outcome, not on an outside perception of right, wrong, good, bad, positive, negative. Discipline can be applied to all perceptions.

#32     Feb 22, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I misread the title as : Does a disciplined trader drink red wine?

My bad...

#33     Feb 22, 2019
    CSEtrader, VPhantom and tommcginnis like this.
  4. Can't it be both?

#34     Feb 22, 2019
  5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I agree, I get this careless "It's all cool man" kind of attitude when I smoke ganja. I've just learned that it's way better to be sober and alert when you trade instead of careless.

#35     Feb 22, 2019
    VPhantom and volpri like this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

The question misread by 2/3rds of the respondents to this thread is

Does the disciplined trader smoke weed (?)

NOT
    Does the disciplined trader smoke weed and then trade while high (?)

What a bunch of ninnies.

Unclench your cheeks boys. Pull your panties back into place.
    It'll all be okayyyyyyyy.

#36     Feb 22, 2019
    ElCubano, JosePonton and Overnight like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

@tommcginnis wins the ET V8 award-of-the-month thing with that post.

However, since we all are smoking weed, we never got it. :)

#37     Feb 22, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That cracked me up..... :D:D:D

#38     Feb 22, 2019
  9. Man, I even let of reading this answers, this people don't even read, of course I'm not trading high, I was just wondering if decisions outside trading hours, impact results, etc etc

#39     Feb 23, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  10. volpri

volpri

Yes. Eat pig enough will stop up the arteries whether trading or not. Smoke weed will mess with the brain whether trading or not. Whatever you put in your body ....WHATEVER...has the potential to affect ones trading whether or not one is trading when they ingest it or not. AND the effect on your body CAN affect your trading when you trade. Example, smoking increases chance of cancer and heart disease which CAN or may affect ones trading. If scalping even the urgent need to take a piss and it being denied can affect trading...ROFL. And when that loss becomes a major loss it can affect ones pissing and the attire one is wearing becomes suddenly really wet with piss..LOL Too much beer can give one a beer belly. That beer belly can affect ones trading..This said..a beer here and there is better than 5 soft drinks a day as they are full of sugar and have little if any redeeming qualities about them. At least beer has vit B.

Why do you ask the question in the first place???

#40     Feb 23, 2019