Dodge Challenger Retro

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Don't get me wrong. I used to have a vette and I love them. But the fact is that chicks despise Corvettes for some reason. I have had loads of women tell me they associate the car with loser guys having mid-life crises. I always protest, but then they start to look at me funny.

Of course, they look at the challenger and think Dukes of Hazzard.

#11     Mar 12, 2008
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Third and fourth gen camaros had skid pad figures at .8g's off the showroom and could be stiffened up to a G, which I did..... but the image was very red-necky... in fact I read a journal from a Camaro club outing to Las Vegas and a couple of the participants got arrested for drunk and disorderly at their first motel stop :D I would sort of live up to the image when I was driving the car actually :eek:

I'm thinking a 92 Camaro [the convert is one of the best looking cars ever fielded by anyone, ever imo] with the newest Vette engine, it's 7 litres I heard, is what I would enjoy driving..... paint it a nice Forest Green or something so it doesn't look so red necky...

That Dodge Challenger looks great though and probably it is a lot of fun to drive....

#12     Mar 12, 2008
  3. The Vette is a WORLD CLASS sportscar how cool is that? :D

Definitely NOT overpriced

Challenger is way overpriced @40K for christ sake. What chick won't dig your VETTE but will dig you in your overpriced DODGE throwback to the 70's?? rofl

#13     Mar 12, 2008
  4. Vista

Vista

Well since I'm married, I don't care about the above. But, I have to admit, my wife says the same. Driving a car like a vette is about having fun and the driving experience. If you want to impress the ladies and go with a lot more class, pick up one of these for $192k. But, you won't get much more performance for your money over a Corvette ZO6.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt2/

#14     Mar 12, 2008
  5. Vista

Vista

#15     Mar 12, 2008
  6. Well, I agree the Challenger is overpriced. The black one is way cool though.

Don't hate the messenger. I am a vette fan, but it is definitely not a chick magnet, at least for grownup women. The Challenger will probably not be a great chick magnet either, at least outside the South.

#16     Mar 12, 2008
  7. Skyline GT-R for myself - once I can find a dealer that will sell at MSRP. :confused: That might be a while. :D

http://www.gtrnissan.com/

#17     Mar 12, 2008
  8. You mentioned the Camaro, like it better. The lines are sleeker and it looks a wry grin from the front :D

#18     Mar 12, 2008
  9. #19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. #20     Mar 16, 2008