Documents: Toyota boasted saving $100M on recall

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SideShowBob, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 1) What do you drive?
    2) What's wrong with the RX400h?

#11     Feb 22, 2010
  2. why not buy european instead? like a volks

#12     Feb 22, 2010
  3. because volkswagens are unreliable junk made in Mexico and Brazil

#13     Feb 22, 2010
  4. I don't drive anything, I like money in the bank.

And the RX400H has barely any improvement over a conventional gas one, that's my beef. The Hybrid is purely a gimmick for foolish customers. It shows Toyota's disrespect and cynicism, the company is not about "value" to the customer anymore.

#14     Feb 22, 2010
  5. have you ever rode in a Lexus? I've been impressed everytime, more so than current SUV models of Chevy. All chevy's heavily rely on plastic it seems...

Meh

Edit

"WASHINGTON – Federal prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into Toyota Motor Corp.'s safety problems and the Securities and Exchange Commission was probing what the automaker told investors, the company disclosed Monday. Newly released internal documents showed that Toyota officials visited with U.S. regulators years ago who "laughed and rolled their eyes in disbelief" over safety claims."

BIZARRE.

I believe there is a conflict of interest here with GM being heavily owned by the American public. I really don't trust any "official" releases from the American Government

#15     Feb 22, 2010
  6. The main reason I don't buy any of the government conspiracy theories is that our government is just too incompetent to pull off much of anything.

#16     Feb 23, 2010
  7. spinn

spinn

funny this all came out shortly after Lee Iacoca Obama bought GM, I hope he doesnt go after BMW next.

#17     Feb 23, 2010
  8. Motivated customers who learn specific driving techniques can extract terrific gas mileage out of any Hybrid model Toyota or Lexus. They're really oriented towards beep-n'-creep city driving, where idling the gas engine is highly wasteful. For Joe Shmoe living in Kansas, I agree, no difference. For someone in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York, there are major benefits to be had.

#18     Feb 23, 2010
  9. I bought a 2010 tacoma 4x4 2 weeks ago during the height of this news for 600 over dealer cost. They took 50% off an extended warranty to 100k miles and threw in a bed extender.

I told the saleslady "I have a checkbook in my car and it doesnt matter to me if I buy a ford, dodge, chevy, nissan or toyota today I just want a base 4x4 crew cab with stick and I want it cheap...and you guys are hurting, what are you gonna do for me?" She looked at me and said "your right.."and sold it to me cheap to get out the inventory.

Good products at a depressed price are never a bad thing.

#19     Feb 23, 2010
  10. I own a 2003 GTI with 103k miles on it. Never had any engine trouble and the paint still looks brand new. I would buy VW again.

#20     Feb 23, 2010