Dobbs: Keep religion out of politics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

So political talk is the arbiter of profitability? Nonsense KT. This is a knee-jerk anti-libertarian law. We have a government that limits political speech and limits the amount of financial help an individual can contribute to a political campaign. We're getting railroaded. This is FAR worse than anything going on at Gitmo.

#21     Sep 27, 2006
  2. and lets not forget who the judge and jury is... the IRS. LOL LOL the IRS is a collection agency for a foreign private company. HELLO PEOPLE....WAKE UP !!!!!!! stop giving away my freedoms and rights.

#22     Sep 27, 2006
  3. I don't know if it's right (fair) or wrong. I can't say either way. I do see the importance, in a democracy, of keeping seperate church and state though.

#23     Sep 27, 2006
  4. fhl

fhl

Yeah, but the question is, does a preacher telling his flock to vote for a certain guy mean that the church is not separate from the state?

#24     Sep 27, 2006
  5. then basically a church should not incorporate and therefore would not come under the jurisdiction of the irs. there is no profit, only private citizens gathering to worship. that they pool their money in order to do so is no business of the govt. am i headed in the right direction?

#25     Sep 27, 2006
  6. I myself can't say, I don't have the intelligence of a constitutional lawyer.

#26     Sep 27, 2006
  7. well... tax code is not the answer.

#27     Sep 27, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

For anything.......

#28     Sep 27, 2006
  9. I think we need to get rid of the tax code as it is.
    I'm ready for a simple pragmatic alternative.
    One without a crafted loophole bonanza.

#29     Sep 27, 2006
  10. do you even know where the money goes? or have you ever given it any thought?

#30     Sep 27, 2006