Do you yell and scream at the computer if you do a bad trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by profitplay, Jun 6, 2006.

Do you yell and scream at the computer if you do a bad trade?

1. YES, I yell and scream at the computer if I a bad trade

46 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. NO, I stay calm and quite

76 vote(s)
    62.3%
  1. If you guys can trade actively and not lose it on occassion you're a better man than me.

Try being in a stock and have someone buffoon cross it 10 cents beyond your stop. See how you react, "oh fiddle sticks" doesn't cut it for me. My language would curl your hair. :D :D :D

#21     Jun 6, 2006
  2. bronks

bronks

Hell yeah! Calculators, cell phones, pencil holders, staplers...whatever I can get my hands on is gonna fly across the room. But I have a rule, if it's connected to something, I won't throw it. Cordless phones are my favorite, they explode into a million pieces if you throw'em against a concrete wall.

Then I go home and kick the dog. He's a little guy so you should see him get air.

#22     Jun 6, 2006
  3. it takes a big man to kick a little dog.thats something to be proud of. if you had kids i wonder what lifes lessons they could learn from your behavior.

#23     Jun 6, 2006
  4. bronks

bronks

That's nothing. You should see what I do to my kids, the horror! And their pet iguana, Stanley, somehow came up missing the other day. Little Johnny was so sad. But hey life is hard right?

#24     Jun 6, 2006
  5. yeah...

every now and then it's...son of a bitch how can you be so fuckin' stupid...

then i calm down and jump back in...

only takes a little while...

#25     Jun 6, 2006
  6. romik

romik

screaming at the computer is nothing, imagine being a trader in japan..."YOU HAVE DISHONOURED YOURSELF BY BEING A TOTAL F...ING LOSER TODAY, NOW GO AND HARAKIRI YOURSELF!"

P.S. No disrespect intended, just a joke.

#26     Jun 6, 2006

7. While I agree that learning from your losers is important....loving your losses sounds like new age bullshit to me.

#27     Jun 6, 2006
  8. I frankly like to see losses when I'm testing a new strategy. Since everything in this world is fallable, losses tell me that my strategy is in-line with reality and true market dynamics... similar in nature to taking into account slippage.

#28     Jun 6, 2006
  9. When i have a losing trade i tell my computer he's an idiot.
    When i have a winning trade i tell myself i'm a genius.

:D

#29     Jun 6, 2006
  10. keep on comin to the psycho thread
    :)

#30     Jun 6, 2006