do you worry your method will stop working?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chipmunk, Sep 11, 2008.

1. buylo

buylo

If you have a 90% hit rate on one system, why o why would you need another system?

#11     Sep 11, 2008
  2. wave

wave

To mitigate risk.

#12     Sep 11, 2008
  3. buylo

buylo

I wouldn't call 90% risky. I don't even call 50% risky. If half my trades were profitable.........wow, I would be on a yacht with an entourage of fine ass. And if 90% were winners.........holy shi!t..........I would fly to the moon.

I think my winning percentage is a little above 30%.

#13     Sep 11, 2008
  4. If my stategies stop working, I will just go back to the same place these came from. Me. I made them, and I can make more.

#14     Sep 11, 2008
  5. You crude animal! How can you think of women in such ways? /sarcasm

Get a yacht with TWO suites, and make sure the shower is 7 feet tall.

#15     Sep 11, 2008
  6. I don't worry about my methods no longer working. I think (worry is definately not the right word) about more traders using the same methods, and therefore the methods losing their edge. And in the event methods become mainstream, the question are the methods actually useful or are they merely self-fulfilling becomes forefront.

Osorico

#16     Sep 11, 2008
  7. Mr Munk,

With all respect, if there is a corner of your mind that has cause for concern then either it is fear (in which case you must work through it) or it is an alarm bell, because a part of you knows that you do not know what you are doing, in which case all things will come to an end.

This I believe is your first decision....fear or warning

regards
    f9

#17     Sep 11, 2008
  8. The problem is knowing which one to use ahead of time.

If you can tell me how to do that I will give you 10% of my profit.

#18     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Right. And sometimes neither one will work on any given day. In which case you step away from the PC for the day and go do something fun or unhealthy, or both.

#19     Sep 11, 2008
  10. nope it all rady doesn't work ..lol

#20     Sep 11, 2008