Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Cutten, Jul 16, 2008.

Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive?

1. Yes

121 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. ElCubano

ElCubano

If you drive into a canal wearing a seatbelt might kill ya.... :D

#31     Jul 17, 2008
  2. Right on. There are many laws passed with the cry: "If it saves one life then it is worth it" On the flip side seat belts and air bags kill people. Children get killed by airbags, where's the outrage. Google some air bag injuries, people lose thumbs from holding onto the steering wheel when the air bag deploys. Thanks for saving me from myself.

Anyone who drives for a living has to attend safety meetings weekly yet the road is filled with white haired putzarinos that use walkers, hearing aids, can't see jack, strap 'em in and that's good enuf.

#32     Jul 17, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

?Why wouldn't you wear a seat belt?

2 secs to put it on can save you massive consequences. Its a no brainer trade.

#33     Jul 17, 2008
  4. The original question was "do you wear seat belts", not "do you agree with laws mandating seat belt use".

I wear them and can't understand the mentality of not wearing them. BUT, I totally disagree with laws mandating that the driver wear them. I also disagree with mandatory motorcycle helmets.

I'm more of a libertarian on such things.

#34     Jul 17, 2008
  5. I wear them and can't understand the mentality of not wearing them.
    ====================================

Give a rifle to an 18 year old and send him off to war, what is the mentality? I'm not going to die. Same with wearing a seat belt. Unlike people who wear seat belts, I am immortal.

#35     Jul 17, 2008
  6. DITTO.

I wear a seatbelt, but there is no place for a law mandating it.

#36     Jul 17, 2008
  7. Even so, there's always someone on the other side.

#37     Jul 17, 2008
  8. Helmet and seatbelt laws thwart the beneficial effects of natural selection. :cool:

#38     Jul 17, 2008
  9. Bingo. Combined with advances in medicine are prisons population are increasing.

#39     Jul 17, 2008
  10. bespoke

bespoke

anybody who thinks airbags do more harm than good should not be trading....

if you don't understand my point, that is my point exactly

#40     Jul 17, 2008