Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Cutten, Jul 16, 2008.

Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive?

1. Yes

121 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. seatbelts saved my life twice. you need to be insane not to wear one.

surf-

#11     Jul 16, 2008
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Already had a great trading day - my dog could've traded and made money today - but you've got me LMAO and it's icing on the cake :cool:

#12     Jul 16, 2008
  3. Nice going--hopefully you'll have a lot more!

#13     Jul 16, 2008
  4. No mandatory law in the U.K?

#14     Jul 16, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

The law says you get fined £50 if you aren't wearing a seatbelt in the front.

#15     Jul 16, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Ok, I see 90% of ET respondents so far wear a belt. Damn, that means there are more sane people here than I thought!

#16     Jul 16, 2008
  7. No seatbelt ever. When i crash and burn, my family will sue the auto makers for predatory seatbelt laws. Its not my fault, who reads warnings and the fine print, personal responsibility is a concept of the past.

#17     Jul 16, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

My best friend was killed at age 16 while out joy riding.

I've worn a SB religiously ever since.

I also feel much safer when I'm strapped into a bar stool as well.

#18     Jul 16, 2008
  9. I'll be honest. I never wore one until they were legally required. However I was saved from severe injury in my recent accident because of the belt and harness. Not to mention my airbag failed to deploy.

#19     Jul 16, 2008
  10. Mercor

Mercor

Too many people think trading is all about taking risks, but it is all about controlling risk.
    Everyday we all wake with unlimited risk. As we go through the day we try to manage that risk.
    Any travel requires risk, yet air travel is the lowest risk. If you don't hold overnight because of risk. Then choosing car over airplane is like holding overnight with no stops.
    Any accident is a black swan event. You respect the black swan in your trading yet not in your personal life.

#20     Jul 16, 2008