do you watch the news while you trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dac8555, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

To go 100% mechanical to keep emotion out of it.

Another fallacy. If you lose $1,000.oo today from a purely mechanical trade how is that different than losing $1,000.oo from a discretionary trade?

The stomach will churn just as much, probably enen more because now aside from the money lose you will get upset with the system, Right?

.........:eek: :(

PS, any opinion will cloud your trading. The talking heads on CNBC etc are salesman/saleswomen, the guests are there to SELL you their products. There is no such thing these days as unbiased information from the tube, it is infotainment or flat out sales pitches. Like whats his name; Ned Reiley i think, what a turkey, he is trying to compete with that other bullish bs'er, Joe Battailigia, something like that. anyone that listens to the dribble from these salesman deserve to lose their money. If you have "ANY" opinion in trading you will lose, you sit there in disbelief as the mkt takes your money and you are mistified...

#21     Dec 13, 2005
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Generally agree with your approach on news.
    The 10am major economic news items I take account of but only as a distortion to the predicted days pattern (eg YM). FOMC too tends to make price swing big in the direction of the predicted pattern.

As you say keep it technical.
    :)

#22     Dec 13, 2005
  3. patch227

patch227

PS, any opinion will cloud your trading. The talking heads on CNBC etc are salesman/saleswomen, the guests are there to SELL you their products. There is no such thing these days as unbiased information from the tube, it is infotainment or flat out sales pitches. Like whats his name; Ned Reiley i think, what a turkey, he is trying to compete with that other bullish bs'er, Joe Battailigia, something like that. anyone that listens to the dribble from these salesman deserve to lose their money. If you have "ANY" opinion in trading you will lose, you sit there in disbelief as the mkt takes your money and you are mistified...

ther truest words I have heard in a long time. Spoken, I am sure by someone who has paid a lot to learn this

#23     Dec 14, 2005
  4. Frege

Frege

Yes, that's all we need...

#24     Dec 22, 2005
  5. never watch the garbage except after hours to see who got shot and what not in socal :D

#25     Dec 22, 2005