Do you want to make a difference??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SProbability, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I think (but not too sure) that it was on the Keeping it Simple thread that there was a discussion about whether or not Traders add anything of value to society. Quite a few people wisely said that it's what you do with the money (& not how you make it) that matters. I agree.

I'm in the UK, and about ten days ago there was this story on GMTV about a charity that brought a couple and their cojoined (siamese) twins from Malaysia to see if they could be seperated.

Well, on Saturday morning I was watching Sky News, and a news report said that after investigations, medical experts believe there is an 80% chance of successfully operating on them. All the medical staff have agreed to offer their services free, but £100, 000 (I think) is still needed for the cost of equipment, drugs and after care. The couple cannot afford this and the charity has started an appeal on their behalf.

I remebered the discussion on ET, & thought that I'd bring it to the attention of other ETers. This is a real opportunity to make a lasting difference to two young lives and that of their family!!!

You can find out more at: www.gmtv.co.uk/index.cfm?Articleid=4764

The charity is H.A.P.E.E (Humanitarian Aid Project for Eastern Europe). Unfortunately, they do not accept credit cards, but do take cheques. They don't have a web-site yet, but should have one setup by next week (www.hapee.co.uk).

Their contact details are:

HAPEE
    35 Leigh View Drive,
    Leigh on Sea
    Essex SS9 4HH
    Tel: +44 (0) 1702 713373