Do you want to hear the music of markets?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by abogdan, Jan 6, 2004.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

#21     Jan 7, 2004
  2. I posted that about a year ago as a joke on a very quiet ET evening just to get some laughs. However I was serious about the idea and was playing with the "Trade Tones" program at the time. I am still interested in Sound and its possibility as another input in the entry and exit decision making process. We suffer from visual overload at times and sound is the logical sense to put to work to add more input without adding to the visual.

still working on the idea :confused:

#22     Jan 7, 2004
  3. NET

NET

Ditto on the thread compliment.

Notes to candlesticks... What an idea!

You know how you can get a melody or song stuck in your mind--can't get rid of it?

Imagine getting the music of a bad trade stuck in your mind... Hearing that over and over again. I suppose that could go the other way too. Maybe one could recognize the intro to a good melody and who knows?

#23     Jan 7, 2004
  4. Roxyman

Roxyman

To be honest with you I would love to hear level II than see it. Level II at times moves so fast I can't see "it all". Especially when you get older you can't see as you saw when you were 20. Maybe thats why most liquidy traders in my business are young.

I can tell by your Dark Side of the Moon reference you are not a youngster.

#24     Jan 7, 2004
  5. Roxyman

Roxyman

was d15k the open beat of KLAC and demand 1000 miday?

Also I ment I rather hear than see Level II, if it were possible. How possible is it?

#25     Jan 7, 2004
  6. Roxyman

Roxyman

#26     Jan 7, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

Sound of Level II works the following way:

Inside bids and asks have the loudest tone. If the integral of all bid sizes on level one is greater than ask sizes then we would use major cords where the base tone is correlated with the bid price level. If it is other way around we would use minor or sept cords. Then we add other levels on the book but weigh them proportionally to the price levels. On the end you get a symphony that is so recognizable that you don't have to be a musician to recognize.
    Regards,

#27     Jan 7, 2004
  8. Hi Abogdan! But is it not true that there are alot of invisible orders also?

So when the market plays a song it might be the wrong one..right?

The big boys are playing "highway to hell" but you hear; "don´t worry be happy"
    No?

Or do you combine it with the tape also?

#28     Jan 10, 2004
  9. NET

NET

Very funny!!!

#29     Jan 10, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

There are all sorts of sounds in my symphony of Level II, one of them, of course, is the tape.
    Regards,

#30     Jan 10, 2004