Do you want to hear the music of markets?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by abogdan, Jan 6, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

I have a chart visualization pattern for Pink Floyd's Dark Side .... You have no idea how interesting it looks! I cannot post it, the file is too big.
    Regards,

#11     Jan 6, 2004
  2. abogdan

abogdan

#12     Jan 6, 2004
  3. #13     Jan 6, 2004
  4. Sorry, I can't get the concept of putting the stock market and music together. I wonder if you could take the concept further and reduce the noise and further assign patterns of movement a specific note on a scale. Musicians are often wonderful mathematicians and vice-versa. I wonder if we paired recurring patterns to a specific note what it would sound like and whether or not there would be a "song" because after every crescendo there is a lull. I'm working this out in my head so I hope this post made some sense.

Edit: I posted this without reading Vanilla's post, he's already asked the question.

#14     Jan 6, 2004
  5. personally, i found there was more information in the rhythm of trades than the pitch (price level) of trades .... but then was left wondering if the rhythm i was hearing wasn't so much ebb and flow ala a squawk, rather the belching of tradestations data feed.

it sounded sort of like a cha-cha

#15     Jan 6, 2004
  6. abogdan

abogdan

I have started my research with chart patterns but I discovered that it is much better to get sounds of supply/demand functions i.e. AskSize/Price-BidSize/Price. The files that I posted are very short (ET limitation) but if you listen to them long enough its just like looking at the Level II! Very useful!
    Regards,

#16     Jan 6, 2004
  7. Dustin

Dustin

#17     Jan 6, 2004
  8. Well, instead of notes we'll just use drum sounds, bass, top hat, snare, etc......

#18     Jan 6, 2004
  9. Hmmm. OBV might be a good one, maybe add notes to candlesticks. Great thread abogdan!

#19     Jan 6, 2004
  10. here is a quote from an old post

#20     Jan 7, 2004