Do you want to hear something histerical about real estate.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lasner, May 1, 2008.

1. lasner

lasner

No not at all. I tried to warn him two years ago to get out and sell his houses. He had two houses....he would have made a fortune.

Most people that have all this equity in properties don't want to believe that they can lose it all. They stick their heads in the sand and don't want to hear it.

#11     May 1, 2008
  2. Yeah no kidding what a prick.

#12     May 1, 2008
  3. How would you have saved him a fortune if he thinks they've gone up by 7%,not all of the States have experienced the same level of housing downturn so you can't compare Delaware to,say,Vegas.

Here in Chicago prime property is holding firm.

#13     May 1, 2008
  4. I'm in Park Ridge and my home has gone up 12% but those bastards raised my taxes.

#14     May 1, 2008
  5. lasner

lasner

I tell him to get out and to take his profit.....he's tons of debt about 100k worth.

If he sold and took his profit he would be out of it....

#15     May 1, 2008
  6. lasner

lasner

To be honest I don't understand how anything can be going up....

Who can afford any of this crap. It's a joke really

#16     May 1, 2008
  7. Chicago is holding alright, down more today. How many prime lots you bagholding?

#17     May 1, 2008
  8. lpchad

lpchad

Southwest Florida is another example. The market in Florida is real bad, like for example Fort Myers. However, just a few miles away on Sanibel and Captiva Islands houses are still going for over a million including the highest ever closed price on a home in Lee County, FL at 14.1 million on Captiva.

Depends on where it is. People with money still are paying cash for the best properties.

#18     May 1, 2008
  9. lasner

lasner

This is what I'm talking about....people are crazy they think their properties aren't declining you claim Chicago is "holding tight" It's down more than 8%
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/29/real_estate/housing_price_fall_deepens/index.htm?ref=patrick.net

It's like my friend he thinks his place is up 7%....you gotta wake up and smell the coffee

It's so funny my parents built a house down the beach in Delaware. They built it for 170k seven years ago lot included.

It was appraised two years ago for 400k. They just had it appraised last week for 250k.

Their neighbor is trying to sell his house for 400k....he's in denial of his house crashing.

#19     May 1, 2008
  10. Just what I thought.

Another poster predicting further housing market meltdown.

Who obviously owns nothing.

And can't afford to buy anything.

#20     May 1, 2008