Do You Want To Add A 3rd Monitor?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Aug 3, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

I once had 31 of these cards, now only 2.... the rest went to other ETers.

Single head, ATI, VGA, PCI, 16mb RAM... When they were current, cost $90 and was their top-of-the-line gaming card.

Will work with any other card in a multi-card rig, on a Windows XP system, but suggest NOT for widescreen on this card.... widescreen on your other card is OK.

$25 each, including shipping + I'll help you get it set up if you have difficulties.

You can PM me for further details....

2. What're you up to Gnome? First you go wireless and now it looks like you're upgrading. Did you win the lottery?

3. gnome

gnome

LOL! Going to tackle the hybrid network this weekend.

I bought all those video cards a few years back (eBay)* because I'd stumbled upon how compatible they were in multi-card systems. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of them and made even one really close friend in another state. I formerly ran 1 dualhead + 2 single head cards, but newer mobos have fewer PCI slots, so had to go to 2 dualheads.

* What a coincidence... when I called the seller, found out he was about 3 miles down I25 from me in Denver.

4. gnome

gnome

One of the video cards is spoken for... only one left. :D

5. gnome

gnome

The other card is now gone, too.

It's the end of an era.... of the "little card that could".

I saw those cards on eBay a couple of years ago, and after having stumbled upon how generically compatible they were for multi-card and their good display quality, I thought "ETers could use these". I also knew I'd better snatch them up quickly, because once these were gone that would probably be it. (There is currently only one available on eBay... from an inventory seller, and he's asking $84.)

So long little Xpert128.... :>(