Do you want Brandonf to teach you how to make a web business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Dec 30, 2008.

Would you like Brandon Fredrickson to create a thread on running a profitable web biz

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jem

jem

if brandon teaches us anything useful we you should be happy. In part his old business model inspired mine.

I can tell you one thing for sure, being on the first page of google for my search terms means $10,000 a month or more to me. Once you get some google juice for your websites it sort of gets competive. I find myself wanting to higher and higher rankings across more categories.

#51     Jan 1, 2009
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

SEO stuff is something I really suck at. If I want to be on the first page I typically have to buy it. There is a company called Stomper which teaches SEO stuff..I have never used them myself, but I have heard great things about them from basically everyone who has.

#52     Jan 1, 2009
  3. Thank you Brandon. Even when someone does solve a particular question, he can give something of value, and you just did. I decided to solve it or to hire someone to solve it if I estimate that it takes too much time. My esense is that solution would be a few lines of code.

I looked around, and a lot of people are having the same problem I want to be solved. I am going to develop a solution to it, and to recover my cost (money and time), I might offer to others the solution as a product.

Regards, and just ignore the losers who provide only cheap insults.

#53     Jan 1, 2009
  4. Brandon is recruiting people to spam affiliate links so he can make a commission. This goes against forum rules.

#54     Jan 1, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Stock_trad3r is typing out of his ass again. This is par for the course. For all the effort I'm going to put into this, if I was going to sell something, that would be something I create.

We will be starting off with affiliate marketing, and there are specific reasons for that. Once you identify what is working though you almost always want to create your own products.

#55     Jan 1, 2009
  6. Brandon, for people to learn what you want to teach, they first have to buy a website?

#56     Jan 1, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Technically you could just do it with the hoplinks that are provided, but your not going to have too much luck that way. As a practical matter yes, they will need to get a few websites, as well as an aweber account. Stocky is right in that I could make money on this, coz I do have an affiliate with Aweber, but I cant for the life of me find it. If I do I will give you guys the link as it saves you like $5 a month or something, and then I get a few dollars when you sign up. Whatever signups that do occur as a result (if I'm even able to find the affiliate which is by no means certain to happen) I will take a picture of the check and then also write my own check to Children's Hospital of Iowa for an amount 10% above what I collect on the affiliate. (so for example if I collect $250 as an affiliate, I will write a check for $275 to Children's Hospital of Iowa in Iowa City). This will be used to help parents with travel and lodging expenses related to their children who are sick with cancer and being treated at the University.

I'm working on a letter to explain the outline of the course. Once I have that up I hope that you guys will go through the letter and make sure I cover the areas you are concerned about. Again, this is not something I have taught in a setting like this before, so your feedback is going to be critical if we are to have a successful group.

#57     Jan 1, 2009
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

btw, with regard to web hosting I don't really have any one that I place in too much higher esteem over any other. Two I would tell you to stay miles away from though are webhostforlife and godaddy. Both tend to be a lot of trouble, webhostforlife because they have chitty technology and their computers meltdown all the time, and godaddy because they are always saying "You broke this rule, so now you have to pay a $100 fine and upgrade your service level or we will hold your site hostage. So you then look and discover that yes indeed you did break a rule, one that would have required a magnifying glass to notice in the TOS.

One company I have had luck with, and I have no relationship with them at all except in having a couple sites hosted by them, is a company called Host Gator. They seem to be pretty popular in the IM industry and so far my dealings with them have all been very professional.

#58     Jan 1, 2009

9. Ok Brandon, so people have to purchase some websites, then they can follow how to operate them for sales. And we have to know what we want to sell now, or we will have websites but nothing to sell?

#59     Jan 1, 2009
  10. I think you're missing the point brandonf by acting like a baby. It is against forum rules to solicit your services without an elitetrader sponsorship account. Although you may be giving free advice you're still profiting off the hosting affiliate account. I suggest you work on following instructions, because not everyone enjoys spam.

#60     Jan 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.