Do you want Brandonf to teach you how to make a web business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Dec 30, 2008.

Would you like Brandon Fredrickson to create a thread on running a profitable web biz

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree with you Brandon. I like to look at it in this way:

1. The money is in a list (but not any list, rather a list that proved that it can buy from you).
    2.To overcome first time objection, you overdeliver and under price.
    3. The best way to "sell" is to never sell, but just educate the list about various problems/subjects and provide pointers to solutions (mention of solution offers that you have, or that someone else has). In essence you just point them, and the education will make them ready.

In relation the trading blog:

1. I started it as an experiment in tradin g call accuracy, and later find it very good to have an audience. This is a sort of list. I have the emails of people, but never done anything with it, because I have not decided I want to, and currently they are just a list in my email box.
    2. If I were to benefit from the audience it would be to share with them things that may not even be related to trading. Things related to trading could be as you suggested. In essence something similar to a picks that miners need to search for gold (journal is an example, how to get trading capital, how to pay for it in case things do not pan out, etc).

Last, but not least: I was essentially asking more of an clickbank HTML coding question which is how to put the BUY BUTTON. BUT in way that even if one never visited the sales page the cookie will be there when the payment takes place. I have been searching for this, but could not find it somewhere.

Thanks Brandon!

#41     Dec 31, 2008
  2. good for u\

#42     Dec 31, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I understand your question now. My understanding of HTML is basically zero. I use NVU, and even at that I'd consider myself something of an intermediate level novice...I know just enough to put up something that works in terms of my sites. As it relates to that particular coding issue what I did was described my problem and went to rentacoder and had a guy write me a custom piece of software for it. He was in the philippines, I paid him $25 and we both came out of the transaction pretty happy. For most coding related issues that is almost always my solution, either elance or rent a coder. I do the same thing with articles..just pay someone about $6 per article to write articles for me and then post them through the ezines etc.

I think that with your business one of the very most important keys to success is for you to isolate those areas in your business that directly result in dollars going into your bank account. Anything else you should pay someone else because it's always cheaper...especially now with so many places around that offer outsources. One great place to go for outsourcing is a company called agents of value. You can get a full time (40 hours per week) employee in the philippines for about $600 per month..it works out to around $3.50 per hour. I've had as many as 6 people there working for me and as few as none (like now), and only in one case was I not happy with my employee, and they quickly got me another one.
    There is another place that outsources people for you from Cambodia, but I have found that they do not speak English nearly as well as the agents of value people do (who all speak english very well), but if you don't need someone who speaks good english (for example link building, webmaster, web designers (if you need a really nice site..frankly though in most cases you dont, the majority of my sites look like my six year old son made them when he was in a hurry)PHP programmer etc. If that is what you need the place in Cambodia is great, but I can't recall the URL. I had a guy working 60/70 hours per week for me and paid $375 per month for it. If you've got a single project only that will not take too much time then rent a coder works great. We created our very own backend system for trading from mainstreet , it was highly customized, and just had a guy from Bulgaria do it. It ended up costing us $800, this was for a project that the cheapest American bid I was able to get was just under $12,000. (keep in mind this was about 5 years ago..prices have gone up a bit). Had I had half a brain I would have sold that backend software like crazy because I still see inferior things selling for $1000 setup and then $100 to $200 per month.
    Anyway...I realize I did not directly give you the answer that you are hoping for, but I hope I at least pointed you in the right direction.

#43     Jan 1, 2009
  4. Please smart one tell me how to make money in a web business. pleeaaaase tell me. I need to know.

#44     Jan 1, 2009
  5. clevver

clevver

Hi Brandon Fredrickson. You are a man of much talent. I say this because my interest is high.

Looking forward,
    Steve Raymer:)

#45     Jan 1, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This has to be one of the most lopsided votes in the history of ET, and my inbox is also full of questions and comments from people...but I still have not replied to all my PMs from about 2 weeks ago yet..so that could be a slow process.

In any case, I'll get the first video up on Saturday. Look for a stupid title in Chitchat like the "ET Spelling Bee" or something and that will be me.

#46     Jan 1, 2009
  7. clevver

clevver

Let me get this straight Brandon. It is Thursday afternoon and you have promised some people something absolutely wonderful. Working 20 hours a week on a laptop to earn around $100/day. We worship you. We are very excited. And now we have to wait another 48 hours before we even get started? We'll I will wait anxiously. I look forwarde to meeting you.

#47     Jan 1, 2009
  8. This does involve spamming some affiliate link, no?

Either way, you;re trying to profit off elitetrader by peddling some get rich quick scam without a sponsorship account.

#48     Jan 1, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If you can tell me how I'm going to profit from this I'll give you $1000. How's that?

No, it doesnt involve me peddling anything to anyone on ET. In fact I'll be GIVING AWAY info that would probably cost between $500 and $2000 if you wanted to buy it from various "make money from home" and "Internet Marketing" sites and forums. I have no intention of profiting from Elitetrader, which I've said a number of times. It's no surprise that you can't get that simple point through your head since you seem to have a hard time with a lot of simple points. Btw, what ever happened to your PROMISE to leave ET if the S&P went into a bear market?

#49     Jan 1, 2009
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It should not be that much time overall. When you start out it will be, it might be more, especially when your setting up new sites and just learning how to put things together. However once you have them going it shouldnt take more then about 45 minutes per day.

#50     Jan 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.