Do you want Brandonf to teach you how to make a web business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Dec 30, 2008.

Would you like Brandon Fredrickson to create a thread on running a profitable web biz

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does Brandon or any one have any good book recommendations on how to build a web business?

I would like to get some background info before his online course officially starts

#31     Dec 31, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Im sure that there are some pretty good books, but I've not read any really. Some decent E-books, but really there is no need for you to buy them because I will be going over that stuff and so you won't have to pay for it.

#32     Dec 31, 2008
  3. Thanks Brandon. The reason I was asking is that I needed that information. A cookie has to be stored on the client computer. I know how people do it the usually way which is to provide URL (hidden or explicit), but I want the cookie to be stored without a visit to the sellers website, and before the purchase.

Maybe I am not explaining clearly, but I also sense that you may have understood me.

Thanks and happy new year!

#33     Dec 31, 2008
  4. I actually read various books, but they do not know how the explain it. As Brandon stated it, it is really straightforward. The main problem is that people do not work on it, (and it applies to myself).

I have written a book on the whole process, and tools, and applied it. Indeed you make money, but it is not what people hype. You can make money but you need to work to increase the cash flow.

If there is interest in the book I wrote, I may actually look for it, and put it somewhere for sale. If I were to sell it, I would give you a discount or provide it complimentary to you.

An area where you may want to start is the area of blogs. It is a zero cost , and you can learn the ropes.

I have a trading blog, which does not do well in terms of money particularly given that I post on it all the time, but I have set up a handful of blogs in area of wedding. They bring $200 a month, and I have never looked at them since I set them up (the last three months the numbers were: $257, $225, and this month is lower currently a little over $200).

I was asking Brandon about the buy button as I want to add other streams of income to them.

#34     Dec 31, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Hi Riskfree- I must still be missing something from your original question, blame it on the percocet's that I'm still eating.

With regard to your trading blog I've looked at it a few times and think you could make a lot of money on it if you put a course together and started to teach more about how your doing this and that. Actually picking stocks is a shitty way to get buyers, and here is why. As we all know you have great weeks, terrible weeks and mostly average weeks when your trading. Well, if your giving out picks what happens is that your potential buyers follow that and they see how things are going. At the end of a great week your going to get a ton of people interested, but what's likely to happen is that you will go back to your average numbers...so they say oh he sucks..and you never get the buyer. On the flip side of that when you have a bad week they say Oh he really really really sucks, and they might even unsubscribe.

If you want to sell stuff to traders look at the thread I created earlier this week on keeping a diary. It does not tell someone how to keep one, but it makes it very clear that you should. I could post that on a lot of message boards, ezine articles, on a landing page etc. Then let's say I hire a computer programmer on elance to write some sort of trading diary software. I could probably get a guy in India to do that for around $100. Just juding from the reply I got here on ET I'm pretty sure from ET only I could have gotten 30 or 40 people to pay $30 to $50 for a trading diary piece of software, and that's only one place. Of course the real value in those buyers is not the $900 to $2000 it could have brought in, the real value is that now I have a relationship with 30 to 40 REAL LIFE BUYERS...people who are willing to pull their CC out and buy stuff related to trading. People also feel obligated to buy from me because I gave them really good info and the $30 to $50 piece of software is not that expensive. But again the real value is not in that $900 to $2000, it's in the fact that I now I have a list of 30 or 40 people who I know are willing to spend money. I can continue to build this course and later offer some sort of webinar for $50 that has an upgrade to a $497 webinar in two weeks...etc etc.

That's just very basic stuff really...but that's pretty much how I've built some good business,
    Anyway...now for anyone who is having a heart attack that you have now "discovered" my "true motivation" for posting...chill the hell out...Im still not selling you anything, I don't have software and now that your on to my dirty little tricks you can simply say no :)

Brandon
    btw, anyone who is interested in selling ANYTHING should read Cialdini.

#35     Dec 31, 2008
  6. i want brandon to tell me 'how to get rich online..in 2009'

but how much is it going to cosst me?

tell me buddyy, how do i get as rich as you :D

tell me how to afford a villa in Sarasota

:D

#36     Dec 31, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well, first of all it's free. The first step to getting "as rich as me" though would probably be not to post 5.28 times per day on a message board that you get nothing in return for posting on. I swear that some people just like to bitch and if you gave them a million dollars in cash they would complain about the inconvenience of counting it and storing it...not to mention that you may have spelled something wrong in the here is your one million dollars note.

Second, I don't live in Sarasota anymore. I had a very nice house there, but when Toni and I split she kept the house. It's a very nice house though, at a country club, with a swimming pool, a guest house and a very nice view of the 8th fairway etc. A number of ET members have actually stayed witih me at that house when they came to visit the area, either to do a mentoring program with Toni or I, or simply on vacation since we often let friends just stay with us, and since we had a large number of long term customers, many became friends.

In any event, I'm back in Iowa now. Florida is great for a good number of things, but healthcare is not among them. I also wanted to be closer to my family during my illness.

I'm going to teach the people here on ET to make money online since they pretty much bought the house in Sarasota for me. It's the least I can do to pay them back. I'd think there would not be too much objection to me teaching how to sell stuff online, since it's fairly obvious that I've been successful at that given that so many people here on ET have bought stuff either from me or from other people who I did their marketing for them. Hell its the principle objection people seem to have to me being on this board "Your just such a good sneaky salesman!" Well, I'm not going to deny the obvious, but here is your chance to profit from it if you wish too. Oh well, like I said some people will just not allow themselves to be made happy. Oh well.

I'm trying to keep myself awake until midnight to ring in the new year that I thought I would not see. Ninety minutes to go. I hope everyone has a great 2009, and I hope I can play a small part it making it that way.

Brandon
    PS...my night would be going a lot better if GT could just pull their heads out of their asses!

#37     Dec 31, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

One last point. I think I have been very clear that this is not a get rich quick type thing. If that is what you are hoping for you should just ignore the thread because your going to be wasting your time and mine, and your going to walk away very disapointed. What I'm going to teach is certainly going to make people money, those that then go on to create their own products and really take the time to learn how to sell things might even go on to make a ton of money..but my basic goal at this point is going to be to get the people who take part in the group to making $750 to $1500 per month. If I can accomplish that with a group of total newbies then I'm going to be very pleased with myself, and I suspect those people will be too.

Last point, I don't ever intend to sell stuff to the members of ET again. That's not to say I won't sell trading related stuff again, it's a profitable niche that I think I know something about. But, I have come to think of the majority of people on ET as friends and I want to help my friends.

I do have other plans, which I'll disclose to those who are going to take part in the money making course, but it has nothing to do with making a nickle from people on ET...especially people such as yourself.

#38     Dec 31, 2008
  9. i'm not looking to get rich too quick..

just sometime is good enuf

#39     Dec 31, 2008

10. :D You always make me laugh

#40     Dec 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.