Do you want Brandonf to teach you how to make a web business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Dec 30, 2008.

Would you like Brandon Fredrickson to create a thread on running a profitable web biz

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It could be a big hit for sure :)

#21     Dec 31, 2008
  2. This confirms my theory that a couple hundred people run the entire net business.:D
    A friend and myself have a site and it wasn't that hard to set up. There are a variety of programs that are very user friendly as you've already stated.
    The difficult part is getting serious buyers to visit your site. You'll most likely find that net based advertising alone won't do the trick. We still do print advertising, hand out brochures to business owners, and conduct free seminars. It ain't as easy as some make it sound. Very few are just building a site and collecting a check.
    I'm on board with you to learn some more.
    Our site
    http://www.personal-safety.net/

#22     Dec 31, 2008
  3. Brandon, I'm all ears. I'll send out a thanks before hand to you and others for the effort and add what I can.

I took a different approach which I opine is the general business model of a net business. That is to give something away for free by providing a service and generate revenue from the advertisers. Which is, imo, how one part of the net business world operates, the other is direct selling.

The tough nut to crack in either case is getting customers to your web site whether you give something away or trying to sell something.

In my case, an e mail list is the gold standard, in retail, it is the product.

#23     Dec 31, 2008
  4. I'm curious as well to get a different perspective.

I'm a fan of Tim Ferriss and have been thinking about doing some income diversification with such a product. Not sure if I'm late to the game, but my needs for income are not excessive, and like your friend has done can be reproduced across multiple product lines.

So please, educate away.

#24     Dec 31, 2008
  5. Brandon, do you know how squidoo works for getting people to a website?

#25     Dec 31, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I know the theory of how it's supposed to work, but I've not had too much luck with squidoo myself. For me FreeIQ and Hubpages have been the best of those type of sites. I've also had good luck with twitter, bebo and orkut, and obviosly message boards such as ET. Putting up video's and using a program like Traffic Mogul or Traffic Geyser to put them up on all of the video sites, socially book mark them etc etc

#26     Dec 31, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

So I'm starting to get this thing setup for you guys, and having a lot of fun doing it. Like I said I'm sure I'm going to be missing stuff because aside from my cousins and my sister I've never taught this stuff before, and in each of those cases it was more in person or at least on the phone teaching. So, if I am unclear on something PLEASE let me know as I want to make it something that a total newbie can understand.

So the specifics.

What I'm going to teach makes money. I'm going to start at the start of the start. We will focus on stuff that you can make $30 to $100 per day with, but it scales. That's not a ton of money when you look at it, but even $30 per day is $200 per week. It makes a car payment anyway and I think that is something that will help a lot of you.

One thing that I want everyone to know though is that what I'm going to teach you, at least at first, is not glamed up stuff. Im going to give you the profitable resturaunt, but if your expecting that resturaunt to be Tavern on the Green your gonna be bummed out, coz it's more like the Greasy Spoon or the Waffle House. There's good money in the Greasy Spoon, but your probably not going to make Hollywood friends, and if that's part of your criteria then you will be disapointed.

Also realize that it is going to take time. I'd guess you will spend 20 to 50 hours setting up your first three sites and then probably an hour a day on them when you start. Once you know what your doing things can be put on autopilot and it wont take nearly as much time, but when your new everything is slow while you learn. Realize that too.

I also hope that you will commit to building a site and doing this right away, as the course is being made. The first thing I will go over is putting a site up, and how to do that so that you can do it during the very first part of the course. It's very easy to sit back and go out there and learn everything about making money on the internet. In 99% of cases what happens is you end up then with a person who knows all about making money on the Net, yet who has never done it. Don't be that person. Be like Nike's ad and "JUST DO IT".

Anyway we will get started on this during the week of January 5th.

#27     Dec 31, 2008
  8. bronks

bronks

I'm in Brandon.

Sounds also like a great way to learn to build websites and learn the backend (for lack of a better word) of the web. Cool, and thanks for your effort.

#28     Dec 31, 2008
  9. Brandon:

Excellent thread. I have question:

Let us take the example of clickbank. How do you put the Buy Button on your website without sending the potential customer to the owner of the product but still receive your share from a sale?

I think sending a customer to the site of the owner of the product can be a disaster as he gets the contact with the customer, and the person bringing the customer gets little.

So my point is one should only get the sales button to get the commission of a sale. The rest of a sales page is really useless (from our point of view) and can be replicated on one's website.

PS: I am also not sure that one should do any selling. One should just inform, and a page does the selling.

#29     Dec 31, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You create a hoplink and recreate the sellers website on your own. The buyer never interacts with the "real" seller at all until the point of purchase. I'll go over all that probably with in the first 1 or 2 lessons.

#30     Dec 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.