Do you want Brandonf to teach you how to make a web business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Dec 30, 2008.

Would you like Brandon Fredrickson to create a thread on running a profitable web biz

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

One mistake that people make is thinking they have to know anything about what they are selling beyond how to make people buy it. I think that the most successful marketers actually stay away from their own hobbies because you have a bias towards that market that can screw up your marketing. You just have to do the research to find out what people will buy, then figure out what the triggers are to make em buy it.

#11     Dec 30, 2008
  2. jane

jane

would like to but dont have a clue - also my start up capital is limited right now - what "thread" do we look up to see your class?

Thanks hope you feel better.

#12     Dec 30, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Oh I dunno what I'll call it. It'll be something like my normal loud mouth attention whoring thread titles and you'll find it over hear in chitchat.

Maybe I call it make a batrillion dollars online for sure. :)

#13     Dec 30, 2008
  4. Thanks for the info, but I don't think it's for me at this time. My complete unfamiliarity, and invariable ineptitude, with the necessary software serves as an effective barrier to entry. The idea of selling other people's stuff that they are already selling on the internet has both a certain appeal as well as a hint of electronic Amway, for better or worse. But I suppose that trade is trade, and that multiple channels of distribution are the nature of the game.

For now, I'd best stick to my trading. However, I think your thread is an interesting one, and I hope it develops. No harm in learning something new, eh? And so, my vote is "yes." :)

#14     Dec 30, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It is I suppose kinda Amwayish now that I think about it. The important thing to remember though is that your using the other people's products simply as a way of doing your market research. You want to find out what do people buy, and have a list of buyers who have bought it. If your successful selling someone elses goods eventually you will ALWAYS want to create your own, better product to sell to the market as that's the way that you can make big money. But the first step is always small.

#15     Dec 30, 2008
  6. I'm on board - very curious as to how to do one - I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge

#16     Dec 30, 2008

7. you could always write a pamphlet on how to create controversy on message boards to increase hit counts.... you would make thousands, no doubt.

happy new year, tdog!

surf

#17     Dec 30, 2008
  8. You have that market fairly cornered. :p

And a Happy New Year to you as well! :)

#18     Dec 30, 2008

9. I think people should know everything about what they sell. To sell something is to believe it is good for the customer and good for the seller to make a profit. If you only know how to convince people to buy something, ok, maybe they buy it one time, then they might be upset they bought it if it is not good. But if you sell something the customer likes and enjoys, they will come back again.

#19     Dec 30, 2008
  10. clooch

clooch

I'm game for it. I have researched the idea already and would love an honest, reliable outlook on this subject. It is tough to find information as I feel that every site you visit has one hand in your wallet and will saty anything you want to hear.

#20     Dec 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.