Do you want Amnesty for Illegals this week?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LT701, May 15, 2007.

1. They don't just pick fruit and clean toilets. They have taken tens of thousands of jobs in small to mid sized manufacturing. As a result wages have been kept artificially low and benefits are virtually non existent. With large manufacturing corporations exporting jobs and small to mid sized manufacturing importing workers, where is the blue collar worker to go? Retrained? Retrained to do what, sell insurance policies to each other? I know, you don't work in that sector either, but millions do, and they ain't just gonna' lay down and die.

#11     May 16, 2007
  2. LT701

LT701

yes, they take social services, and require new schools to be build - well in excess of their taxes

mexico's wealthy have a very low tax rate because they do nothing for their poor other than dumping them on America's middle class

when did i say anthing about anyone being forced to find a new job?

you aren't real bright, are you

#12     May 16, 2007
  3. my original question, not directed at you but you jumped in, was how amnesty will force us to look for new jobs.

anyway, do you really think illegal immigrants are draining this country of all its tax money? illegal immigrants pay sales tax. some of them might also pay property tax. and they do spend money and contribute to the economy. so not all illegals are leaching off our taxes. but regardless, how many millions or billions of dollars in tax money do you think illegal immigrants take up?

according to the center for immigration studies, illegal immigrants end up using about $10 billion per year. the cost of the iraq war is already $425 billion. that isnt even including operations in afghanistan. so instead of funding the war in iraq for 6 years, we could support illegal immigrants for rougly 42 years, everything being constant.

ever look up where your taxes go towards? it isnt illegal immmigrants that are draining your tax money. and this country has supported immigrants for centuries. there is no reason why immigrants should break this country's back now. and there is no reason why all of a sudden, we should be closing our doors to new immigrants. unless if you are native american, you really have no right to say who is welcome to immigrate here.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. LT701

LT701

so, because we're in a war I didnt support, i lose the right to have the border enforced - that makes no sense at all

and because we had immigration after the louisiana, purchase, a massive increase in empty land, we should have the same policy after every bit of land has been claimed, and the population has increased 10 fold - that makes no sense at all

and because native americans were overpowered by an invading force, we should volunatarily conceed to an invading force - that makes no sense, at all

again, you arent real bright, are you - you're name is well chosen, your about as bright as a yeast infection

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. I was just commenting on how many are in prison using tax dollars.

But now that you mention it, it would be hard for them to get a job
    in prison or after they get out.

I think Mexico is letting their criminals come to the US instead of locking them up.

Saves them lots of money.

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. LT701

LT701

well, harry ried delayed it until may 21

that only means one thing

enough people HATE the idea, that he knew he couldnt pass it today

so, he's going to try again between now and may 21

tell this jerk what he can do with his AMNESTY (no matter what he calls it)

I just heard harry say on the radio it has 50/50 chance of passing by may 21

have you ever had a better reason to call your rep and ask 'What part of NO AMNESTY, dont you get?"

#16     May 16, 2007