Do you use Pivot Points?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by SuperVolatility, May 6, 2008.

1. Support and Resistance areas...

Same game since the time of Wyckoff.

If you have a pivot point area plus an old daily high or low and a Fib retracement point and an up / down trend line with volume reduction or expansion all in the same concentrated area you can have a high buy or sell probability trade... strong support or resistance...

Same game since the 1800's... but mostly different traders

#21     May 6, 2008
  2. #22     May 6, 2008
  3. Thanks EH

#23     May 6, 2008
  4. .

#24     May 7, 2008
  5. I do use them as usual S/R levels.

#25     May 7, 2008
  6. I come from the "nothing works on it's own" school of thought otherwise everyone would be rich simply using PP's. There is no magic indicator or analysis tool for that matter.

I dont think any PP will work consistently in a vacuum but if used in combination with such things like a flattening of the the MACD and cross-overs on the stochastics, volume and moving averages (just to name a few)... you still wont have any garauntee but your probability of choosing the right target price will likely go up.

#26     Jul 5, 2008
  7. I use PP for scalping entry exit points when I need 5-10 pips to reach my daily pip goal. For me, it works best on the 15 or 60 minute charts of the last candlestick of the direction of the trend. I enter my trade at pivot point and exit the trade at half of s1s2 or r1r2. If you are the impatient type, I would suggest to use this when the market has good flow.

#27     Jul 5, 2008
  8. #28     Jul 5, 2008
  9. Very informative, thanks for the link.

#29     Jul 5, 2008
  10. easymon1

easymon1

Pivs delete pivs.png

#30     May 24, 2021