Do you use Ad blocking software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by guy2, Aug 3, 2005.

Do you use Ad blocking software?

1. Yes, for all sites

28 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. Yes, for sites with obnoxious advertising

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Yes, except for a few select sites

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. I used to, but no longer

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. No, but am planning to

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No and have no plans to

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. genomik

genomik

I will look into that next time I am doing some utilities stuff. Fortunately (or not) I do not go to many sites anymore that have pop-ups. A year ago i went to a legitimate Taiwanese hardware manufacturer, a pop up appeared, when I clicked it it said "You have been phucked" It screwed my Active X up, I was able to do XP rollback to solve it, but now i am very, VERY paranoid about surfing to sites that i do not trust or pay for. Now there are keystroke logging programs out there that might be installed in some similar way. The LAST thng I want is for my brokerage account info to get to Russia or China.......

I think most pop ups are soooo 2001 technology, like x10. Most ads with them I think piss off potential clients more than they are worth!

A well designed website will not have anything important in tham now in general.

At any rate, thanks for the accelerator idea.

#11     Aug 21, 2005
  2. The one popup that always gets around is that damn one from the DrudgeReport site lol.

#12     Aug 21, 2005
  3. guy2

guy2

A company called Netcraft (www.netcraft.com I think) provide a toolbar that will warn you if you try and enter a phishing web site by mistake which might make your browsing experience a bit safer. I think that it also has some other safety features as well as the usual pop-up blocker.

#13     Aug 21, 2005