Do you uncover a hardcover book

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joesan, Jul 21, 2007.

1. joesan

joesan

When you buy hardcover books, there is usually a paper cover with book /author/publisher name outside the real hardcover core.

I am just curious, when you read the book, do you uncover the paper cover outside the hardcover, or do you just read the book with the paper cover on.

Just recently I began to put the paper cover aside , just hold the naked black hardcover in my hands and read.

2. I say toss the cover on Timmays book no matter what color he chooses.

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes..100% of the time

4. joesan

joesan

if so , if later you want to put the books in a bookshelf, do you again wrap the paper cover outside the hardcover ?

i feel a compulsion to discard the paper cover forever, though do not know if it is an irregular behaviour.

5. Seriously, I take the cover off (the cover annoys me) and save it. People want books with covers, esp if you want to resell. Cover condition is important.

6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

oh come on, who wants to resell a $10 book.

I read with the cover on. Although now that I think about it, my collection of books would look a lot cooler on the shelf if I took the cover off, like one of those sophisticated libraries in some rich lawyer's house. Interesting thread.

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

either i throw it away, it gets lost ...i very rarely keep it

8. sim03

sim03

Yep, always take'em off to read and weep, then put'em back on.

I wouldn't throw the book jacket out, though. Where else are you going to find such a pithy book summary (front and back flaps)... the author's brief yet impressive autobiography and professionally crafted photo (back flap)... and the author's friends' and contacts' mutually-back-rubbing blurbs extolling the virtues of this book, unlike any other they've ever read, while self-promoting themselves (back cover)? Priceless.

9. sellotape it

10. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Are you asian? (Indian, Chinese, whatever, just curious)

#10     Jul 21, 2007