Do you tip?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 18, 2009.

Do you tip?

1. Yes, I tip 20%

52 vote(s)
    67.5%
  2. Yes, I tip 15%

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Yes, I tip a couple of bucks only

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. No, Its not my responsibility to compensate their pay.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. Hmnnnn. The greedy and non-greedy business owner.

If I had an employee that called me a greedy business owner, I'd pretty much say that employee is fucked and is now on top of my shit list. I'm not running a charity here, I am looking for a return on my money and to continue doing business inspite of every increasing expenses from the black hole of regulations and market forces.

Oth, whether or not I am a greedy business owner, if I hire a greedy employee, now we have potential to both make more money together. If the greedy employee wishes to double his salary, simple, do twice the work. Hard work does not go unnoticed, if it does, move on.

#71     Jul 26, 2009
  2. It’s obvious that it’s been awhile since you worked in one of these places. Why do you think that because you are not running a charity that that gives you the license to treat your employees as if they are volunteering at one? I’m sorry, but demanding that I as an employee receive a justifiable salary is not greed. It’s an old principle called an honest days wage for an honest days work. Modern greedy people have developed the phrase “free market” to justify and cover up their greed. Hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. Those people get to keep their jobs with there crappy pay while the others get their hours cut. They don’t make more money, they just get to keep the lousy job they already have.

And what exactly is “the black hole of regulations.” It’s hilarious to hear people like you say stuff like, “well if we cut down on business regulations, they would be able to grow more and hire more people.” Bullshit! Of course they’d make more money if there were less regulations. Yea from now on when an employee gets hurt on the job, they don’t have to pay workmans comp. YIPPEE! More growth. Yea the employee is screwed, but we don’t care about him, he’s being greedy. Of course, while we’re at it, lets get rid of those pesky health inspectors. I mean who really likes them? You know how much money they cost the business? Making them throw out all that week old meat and wash their hands before they touch food. That regulation is really hurting the business you know. Public safety should always be second to corporate profit.

#72     Jul 26, 2009
  3. Think about what you are saying. You are saying that business would increase due to no more taxes, but have forgotten the other side of the story. Yea some people would have more of a paycheck, but a whole lot of people would have nothing. Seniors would have no social security check. Medical staff would be laid off because medicare payments would be cut off. Federal employees would all be laid off. Do these people not go to restaurants? If they don’t have a paycheck, how are they supposed to?

But then you say so yourself, “many business owners would take the tax savings and screw their employees.” So your idea of cutting taxes to grow the economy would actually backfire because all those people relying on the tax revenues would have nothing and they wouldn’t get jobs from the business owners saving the money because you just said so yourself that they would keep the money and screw the employees. How does that make any sense?

I’m all for phasing out Federal involvement in things, but all those free market people talking about the Founding Fathers and such seem to forget that back then, there was simply the poor or the rich. There was no middle class. It wasn’t until the 20th century came along that created a strong middle class that America and the world really started advancing. Libertarian and free market thinking is simply survival of the fittest which is animalistic thinking. Humans are better than that and should act as such.

#73     Jul 26, 2009