Do you tip?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 18, 2009.

Do you tip?

1. Yes, I tip 20%

52 vote(s)
    67.5%
  2. Yes, I tip 15%

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Yes, I tip a couple of bucks only

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. No, Its not my responsibility to compensate their pay.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. What a retard!!! If you do not want to tip then order take-out and go pick it up yourself or go to one of the fast food places where no-one expects you to tip.

A 15-20% tip is expected for average to superior service. If the service was bad or the waiter was rude then let the manager/owner know and do not leave a tip.

#31     Jul 18, 2009
  2. golfbmw

golfbmw

could you Explain tip in chinese?
    ÄÜÓÃÖÐÎĽâÊÍÏÂʲôÊÇtipÂð£¿

#32     Jul 18, 2009
  3. Sorry bud, but if people expect 15-20% bonuses for just doing their job they should consider the financial industry not food service.

Now where is that damn salad?

#33     Jul 18, 2009

4. It is not a bonus because of $2.13 for the hour. The bonus is for the owner, he can have you pay for the labor. So the server is not having a bonus.
    Stripping is much more money, but dangerous, and many drug addicts.

#34     Jul 18, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

(Waiter): I'm sorry sir. We are having some slight problems in the kitchen. I will have your salad very shortly. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

(Waiter walks away mumbling to himself.....) "That SOB's gonna get a really tasty salad now. Ranch dressing? Huh.....Yeah, with a little special sauce."

#35     Jul 18, 2009
  6. Its not our fault that restaurants have terrible business models. If they wanted to, they could just charge 20% more for their food and then pay their employees a decent wage. But noooooo...they want to advertise their $3.99 grand slam breakfasts and such. They want to give you bill for $20 to show you how cheap your meal was, then let their employees ask you for another 5 bucks. It's basically begging. Do you ever wonder why it feels the exact same way if you dont tip as when you dont give a homeless guy a buck or two? Thats because its begging. I dont go to restaurants so that people can beg money from me. And there are too many restaurants out there if you ask me. I dont care how many different restaurants are out there, they all pretty much serve the same thing. If there were less restaurants, maybe the few left would be busy enough that their profit margins could be hire. But whenever people come into money, the first type of business they want to open is a restaurant.

And you know what...if you dont like 2.13 per hour...dont work there. I used to work for tips and it was the most annoying thing in the world to never know if i was going to make 50$ in tips one day or $120. Being a waiter or waitress should be looked at the same as a job at mcdonalds or washing cars. It should be a temporary job to lead you to something else.

It this kind of tipping mentality that has led this country to bailout people that could not afford their mortgage. "oh boo hoo...they are going to lose their house that they cant afford...we have to give them money!"

#36     Jul 18, 2009
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Not only do I tip but I tip heavily.

New nightclub? I usually shake hands with the doorman and floor host with a 20 folded up in my hand. I have always subsequently gotten excellent "beyond the call of duty" service and have never had anyone react negatively. Usually the owner is told and then I start getting unusual treatment. These days it might be better to go with two 20s and its probably 100 in NYC. :D

There was this high-end club in DC just off Wisconsin in Chevy Chase. I remember the owner parked his Corniche convertible in front. On about my 3rd visit I got in line with my date, a very attractive russian girl who worked at the U.S. State Department. The line was very long and I saw that the owner was working the door himself.

After a few seconds I saw the owner gesturing for me and my date to come forward ahead of the line. We we got up there he said out loud, "James, your brother is already here" and we were admitted. I kind of understood how the system worked after that.

Dress well and tip well and enjoy the city. If you are out in the boondocks I suppose it is another matter.

Scott

#37     Jul 18, 2009
  8. I tip based on the waitresses' knockers.

#38     Jul 18, 2009

9. Is there any other metric to use really?

Of course, I always get stuck with the gay guys. I mean the over the top gay guys you can't mistake. Who did the market research that said straight people want to be served by flaming gay males???

#39     Jul 18, 2009

10. Aaahahaha!!, but if you have your girfriend with you, you know the waiter will not flirt with her.

#40     Jul 18, 2009