Do you think you were better off just throwing all your money into the DIA this year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, May 16, 2007.

Do you think you would have been better off going "all in" on the DIA this year?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. S2007S

S2007S

13500 TOMORROW.

14K BY END OF MAY

15K BY END OF SUMMER 16500 BY END OF 2007

DDM GOING TO 100 THIS WEEK!!!!!!

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11     May 16, 2007
  2. I love risk free money $$$. Congrats to all those that bought today's dip. That felt like picking up a bundle of hundred dollar bills from the floor!!!!

#12     May 16, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

go to the floor of the nyse there just laying all over the floor, piles of cash just ready to be picked up for FREE.

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. GO NQ GO!!!!! 1900 YOU CAN DO IT!!

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

why cant they just push it to 13500, why do we have to wait another day. I want 13500 today, I need to celebrate.

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. The good part about the return is not just the actual return itself. Its also the time, stress and aggravation spent that is equally important. Lets say you spent a year of your life behind multiple monitors trading away. Lets say you then spent another part of your time after the market hours researching and finding more plays.

So you have given up a certain part of your life for the return.

When you get past 30, you value your time and mental health a lot more then you did when you were in your 20s.

I know some traders here spend their days behind multiple monitors in a small windowless room studying the price action at every waking moment. Then after market hours they spend more time in the same room behind more monitors looking for plays.

I would greatly accept the stressfree return of the DIA versus wasting my life away in front of monitors and then having to read BS on a messageboard from blood-shot eyed traders who spend their lives ruled by the monitors.

#16     May 16, 2007
  7. DDM>DIA

No need to buy stocks. ETF's are the way to go

#17     May 16, 2007
  8. Its interesting that more then 50% have said yes to this poll indicating that trading is a difficult occupation.

There were quite a few events that occurred this year that could have wiped someone out if they were in the wrong positions such as that correction that occurred in late February. I am betting that quite a few people decided to cash out everything at the low and did not get in later until the stocks went a lot higher.

#18     May 16, 2007
  9. I dont trade. I buy and hold. Trading is too much work. ETFs are a great way to make market beating returns via buy& hold while mitigating risks.

#19     May 16, 2007
  10. ===============
    A529/777
    SPY, DIA, great uptrends;,QQQ going down
    might liquidate longs now, not leverage up now.

Of course almost lunch time, still going UP/up & away;
    and i seldom mention sell [exit] an uptrend.

Happy trails/trends to you:cool: ;
    until we meet again

#20     May 17, 2007