Do you think we will see martial law in the US in the next 10 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mvic, Feb 5, 2009.

Is martial law in the US more likely than not in the next 8 years?

Poll closed May 16, 2009.
  1. yes

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Mvic

Mvic

I put the probability at 75% so will vote yes.

2. Do you mean nationwide, or only in specific areas like we saw in the aftermath of Katrina?

3. Mvic

Mvic

Nationwide is unlikely to be necessary but I am talking about some major metro areas and not in response to any natural disaster, simply because the politicos are worried about unrest and people marching on things like the capitol building or the stock exchange.

I am a guy who is pretty much untouched by the crisis so far other than a few written off ARs and yet I am livid at what is going down. I can't imagine how pissed the poor shmuck who is getting shit on feels while losing his job house etc. American's tend to not pay much attention to politics but when they do watch out and don't count on them acting rationally nor patiently. Obama's election may have bought some time but if real progress is not seen to be made and more people join the pile of the disposessed I don't see people staying quiet for long.

4. yes, this country is going down. Western civilization has already collapsed. It's just working itself though the system.
    If Netanyahu is elected, and starts a war with Iran the US will be dragged into a huge Mullah - US war where Asia (China) escape unscathed, things will go even faster as the US becomes even more dependent on Asia to finance its wars.

I also except (an unwarranted) systemic backlash against the Jews as redneck white america looks for someone to blame for the coming depression.

5. Mvic

Mvic

We've already seen some of that ignorant anti semitic ugliness of late on ET. I am more concerned about anti asian sentiment and think that the major friction will eventually be between the US and China.

6. Martial law in the United States of Iraq in the next 10 years?

Bank it...

He in the USA?

Possible for a variety of reason.

One major difference today as we wade through the bad economic times with the possibility of a depression environment, is that America is not the same as the late 20's and early 30's:

More people have guns, automatic weapons types.

People have a greater expectation of the government to help them.

More people are on medication for mental illness, which if they can no longer afford will be a threat.

The population is much greater.

We have more people concentrated in big cities.

We have more minority groups.

We have minority groups who are not afraid of the white man in power the way these groups were in the segregation style America of the early 30's.

We have had several race riots in America in the past 50 years.

That's just a start.

I am sure there are hundreds of other reasons for a violent revolution if things get very bad.

7. It could be avoided if people aren't evicted from their homes (or wherever they are living) do not turn off utlities and give them a free laptop and internet.

This is in addition to unemployment benefits (if you breath we have a check for you), free health care and food stamps.

I'd say all systems are go.

8. Don't forget free gas and mortgage--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz78T_kvqUU&feature=related

And then there's this--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmurjri3Axo&feature=related

Not sure what to say about this except ROTFLMAO--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYCVoRkVvWo&feature=related

I'm Voting Obma because "I saw a Pimp Catching a Bus"

LMAO.

:)

9. Bread and circuses?