Do you think too much?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nutmeg, May 13, 2007.

1. Funniest thread of the week, but it definitely makes the point.

I do all of my thinking after the trading is done, when it's time to trade, I just push the buttons ... I'm thinking of hiring a chimp to do it.

JJ

#12     Jun 15, 2007
  2. JJ, the chimp might rip off your balls and eat them ... LOL. i watched a show last night on chimp's, and the bottom line was they are mean, strong and very smart and go after MEN's private parts. They know they are stronger than us, and they even keep grudges and seek revenge. Be careful, he might actually make you his B&%$*. No kidding! LOL .... but i get your point, just commenting because i am bored.

#13     Jun 15, 2007
  3. LMAO, thanks for the hilarity, sounds like some of my office co-workers.

JJ

#14     Jun 15, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

"think long think wrong"....chichets

#15     Jun 15, 2007
  5. This thread serves as a good reminder, and there is a fair amount of truth in the humor. However, we should probably make an effort not to confuse thinking with second guessing. A lot of second guessing passes for thinking. Confusing one with the other can be treacherous.

#16     Jun 15, 2007
  6. ===========

Johnnie T;

Think that's helpful;
    and like Nutmeg's wife, dont recommend thinking like most college profs think:cool:

Prefer candlecharts myself,50 period dma.....;
    but frankly i dont think too much about it.

And its not so much trading is a mindless profession for dullards;
    its when you do something for 5 -7 years or 30, ooo hours,
    simply , its not rocket science.

murray TT

:cool:

#17     Jun 15, 2007
  7. I have profound respect for nutmeg. Great post.

#18     Jun 15, 2007
  8. nitro

nitro

Learning to quiet the little voice in your head will change your life.

There are many ways to achieve this. Some people meditate. Others through sports. Etc etc. In fact, it may be a definition of Zen that it is the quieting of ones' internal voice.

One strange realization for me is that I stop thinking when I am immersed in someone else's thinking. In other words, my internal voice quites down when someone else's "voice" (it could be from a book) captivates me. That is why reading for me is a Zen experience. The harder/deeper the subject matter I read about, the more Zenful I become.

nitro

#19     Jun 15, 2007
  9. Atticus,
    Thanks for the kind words. My thread starter though, was a hijack from somewhere on the net.

#20     Jun 15, 2007